Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Found 2 gen 1 Brats

I am going to look at a couple of gen 1 Brats tomorrow. I rode in these about 25 years ago on a old friend of my parents cattle ranch. I figured it could not hurt to call and ask if he still had them after all these years. He still does! He told me to come out tomorrow and check them out. He said they have not ran in years but if I want them I am more than welcome to take them. So I will go check them out and if I want them, which I know I will. Even if they are just for parts. Can't pass on free Brats.

I am going to look at a couple of gen 1 Brats tomorrow. I rode in these about 25 years ago on a old friend of my parents cattle ranch. I figured it could not hurt to call and ask if he still had them after all these years. He still does! He told me to come out tomorrow and check them out. He said they have not ran in years but if I want them I am more than welcome to take them. So I will go check them out and if I want them, which I know I will. Even if they are just for parts. Can't pass on free Brats.

Please let me/us know what's available if you part any of these out.Good luck.Values are sure to go up as long as the economy doesn't turn worse.

Ok I went and checked out the Brats today. To my surprise the guy had 3 Brats all gen 1. He said I could have all 3 for $50.00. Now I just need to go get them. If you want to see them go to the photo gallery and look me up. They are rough. One is real bad no top on it! Was rolled and the top was cut of 27 years ago. But, the drivetrain only has 11,000 miles on it. The only reason he stopped driving it was that it started to break in half without the roof to support it. I will probably go pick the first one up next weekend.

I'm interested in parts too....

GL/4 spoke steering wheel, interior door handle plastic cups, (if not all cracked)

Tach instrument cluster. More too...I just have to think!

The interior looks rough on them , but I sure there are tons of useful parts!!!

Todd

The interior on the dark brown one was not bad. Windows were still rolled up on it. The roll bar I'm keeping for my Gen 1. The trashed blue one and the other one both had the brush guards on them. I am keeping one of them though. I will get some better pictures when I go out again next week and start to bring them home.

No problem Todd. I will list everything or take a picture of everything good starting probably next weekend. I might call the guy this week and see if I can go pick the first one up earlier than this next weekend. I might be looking for trades for parts that I need for what I will be getting. Again, I will let you know.

Yeah actually 2 of them still had the seats and seatbelts. I myself only need the bracket that the seats mount too.Not sure of their condition but I will pull them and make sure they work. I will take some pictures for you and let you know of a price if they still work.

The angle was bad on the photo of the frame. On the top it says Santa Maria. It came from Santa Maria Subaru. But if you want it let me know. I think there was 4 of them.

Hey Subieguy, could I score that license plate frame off that blue brat? Let me know what you want for it.

Oh yeah, I don't think I need the plates. The one on the blue brat was in great shape. The tailgate had been down for years keeping it protected from the elements. I will let you know.

Do any of them come with seatbelts for jumpseats?

Thanks

btw i was wondering if you are going to throw away those license plate, you can send em to me..I'm a license plate collector :)

One day I hoping to have all the states' license plate hanging on my wall

Jon I will let you know about the parts next week. I think one of the frames is pretty treaked but I am not positive. It was a lot to soak in looking at 3 Brats. I was pretty excited finding 3 in the same place. Obviously I should have taken more pictures but I will have more pictures next week.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry I have not gotten back on these. I still have not went and got them. It has been raining so much here that where they are at I am afraid of getting my truck stuck in the mud pulling them out. So I am in a holding pattern until it stops raining and dries out some. I talked to the guy who has them and he told me not to even bother to try and get them because it is just to muddy to pick them up. Not only do I have to pick up 3 Brats I have to pick up a 85 gl wagon at another location too. Same story it is in a place where it is too muddy so again, I have to wait. So I am still getting them. Just have to wait for the rain to let up. So hang in there guys.

• 1 month later...

No, I still have not went and got them. It is still raining here. I also have to get my Gl10 wagon project done before I drag home more cars. I already have six cars here at home. I know some of you need these parts. I will go get them. They are not going anywhere. I just really have to clear up some space. Sorry I have not gotten back on these yet.

No, I still have not went and got them. It is still raining here.

Uhh,these aren't in any danger of those infamous California mudslides are they?:)

seriously though,do let us know what's shakin' when the blessed event occurs.

Cheers