Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

How do you remove Front Grill on '92 Legacy

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 jimkup

jimkup

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts
  • Austin, TX

Posted 29 January 2005 - 10:24 PM

I recently purchased a '92 Legacy Wagon. Among some other minor problems, the hood latch does not latch the Hood completely closed. I think if I could raise the Latch slightly, it would work properly. The Hood latch has three blots that secure it to the frame & I can get to two of them ok, but there is a third one at the bottom of the latch that I cannot reach. It appears that if I could remove the Front Grill, I would have easy access to the latch bolt. The Grill has four clips on the top that I can get un-clipped, but the bottom of the grill won't release from its mounts. I do not have much body work experience but usually can figure out most things without too much trouble.:-\ I am afraid if I pry on the Grill too much it will break. I am also considering removing the Front Bumper Cover that may allow for limited access. Any of you Gurus out there have a helpful hint??
Thanks!

#2 coloradosubarules

coloradosubarules

Banned

• Banned
  • 870 posts
  • Port St. Lucie

Posted 29 January 2005 - 11:38 PM

There are little tabs you have to pry with a screwdriver and it will pop right off. (4 of them) If you break the tabs use zip ties to put it back on.

If all else fails...

Posted Image

#3 Setright

Setright

Elite Master of the Subaru

• Members
  • 3,176 posts
  • Denmark

Posted 30 January 2005 - 01:49 PM

There is one clip hiding in the middle of the grille, you need a narrow screwdriver to undo it. Work out how to release it by examining the other clips - they are the same.

BUT! Before undoing the grille, there is a threaded rubber stopper for the bonnet at each front corner of the engine room. These can also adjust the height at which the bonnet rests when closed. Just turn the rubber stopper clockwise to lower it, and CCW to raise it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users