Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

- - - - -

Jezabelle (86 XT Turbo 4WD) is driving again!! But...

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_RedLance_*

Guest_RedLance_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 August 2003 - 11:11 AM

She idles like crap and stalls sometimes too. Plus, she can barely get out of her own way below 3500 rpm. Above that, she runs great. For those who forgot, this is the car that I just put head gaskets in, and had the heads ported. I also just finished a custom tail-pipe, which eliminated the second CAT, and ends with a glass pack. Sounds great!

Anyhow, I'm wondering if any of you have any ideas about what's up with her? I think it's probably dirty injectors. She wouldn't idle at all, until I dumped in a bottle of injector cleaner. Can any body recommend a place to send my injectors to, for cleaning and testing? I'll be trying a bottle of that Chevron cleaner that was mentioned in another post.

Thanks for any advice!
RedLance

#2 Guest_ShawnW_*

Guest_ShawnW_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 August 2003 - 12:18 PM

I assume you tried the fuel filter already?

#3 Guest_Struculeus_*

Guest_Struculeus_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 August 2003 - 12:22 PM

Just something to check...
Maybe double check the timing belts (and ignition timing, for that matter) to make sure it didn't skip a tooth, and that they're on proper.
J

#4 Guest_RedLance_*

Guest_RedLance_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 August 2003 - 01:40 PM

Yeah, she had a new filter, shortly before I tore the engine down. I already triple checked the timing belts, as when I first tried to start her, she wouldn't start at all. I had to re-index the distributor a couple times, to get it right, but I had checked the belts first, and they are spot on. I checked the timing with a light too, and it's good. And yeah, I remembered to disconnect the black connector, and the vac hose.

Thanks!
RedLance

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users