Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Vancouver Island Suby Mini-Meet

Today Vanislru and Phishy75 came over to check out the wagon, do a little wheelin' and go look for some needed parts at RCU Auto Parts.

Up in my backyard, I bottomed out my t-case on some bedrock, which broke my t-case mount off. I had to limp it back to the house. Still havent had anything I've fabbed break on me yet, so I'm happy. I just should have made some skidplates.

http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/photos/data/500/129100_1661res.jpg

As you can see the aluminum case has shattered where it connects to the rubber pillow block mount.

http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/photos/data/500/129100_1662res.jpg

Thats my buddy pete starin at the camera. I had to limp it home with the t-case hanging down, and some funny angles on the driveshafts.

http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/photos/data/500/129100_1665res.jpg

Heres my wagon, vanislrus wagon, and phishy75s wagon in the back.

http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/photos/data/500/129100_1663res.jpg

A nice shot of vanislrus wagon. Man, I have to attest to the coolness of this thing. It really pulls hard with the TWE pipes and the intercooler, and those tires work amazingly well. Very sticky. Combined with the turbo this made for some sweet 4-wheel roostertails going up the mossy wet rock :brow:

Vanislru took some pics and videos, maybe we can get those on here soon.

Just got home, going to work on posting the video tonite. They don't really do justice to how steep your property is, I'd love to have that sort of terrain right out my door. My ears are still ringing from those straight pipes on your wagon, I never really thought a subie i'd be that loud.

Gotta throw out a hats off to Vanislru and Bushbasher for a great time on Sat. Both those cars are serious monsters. Had a good time ridin along up the trail - mmmmm makes me want to build a trail monster. BTW Bushbashers name is well-deserved:headbang:

Thanks also for the manifold (Bushbasher) and exhaust (Vanislru). Gotta love the subaru community helping each other out.

Looking forward to seeing those vid clips Vanislru:brow:

This link will take you to the vids in my user gallery, i haven't figured out how to link them individually yet but as soon as i do they'll be up.

http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/photos/showphoto.php?pho

Some photos of the meet are in there too.

Bushbasher is a fitting user name, when we took off up the road Corey drove up and into the brush, over a rock pile and then up a rock face covered in salal. I'm envious, having that sort of terrain and a 4x4 rig u can thrash around in any time can't be beat. Something big breaks and it's almost dark, no problem walk down the hill and you're home, very nice.

Yeah, walking back up in the morning to recover a vehicle always sucks. Luckily when my t-case broke (you can hear what did it in on one of those videos) I could still get it home.

The other nice thing about wheeling up there is that its all uphill on the way. When something breaks you can coast most of the way home without any power.

I Love the photos and the vids

is there any way, that the next time you guys get together,

that me and Mr. Hat (the lawnmower-'90 loyale)

and my friend with an XT & Loyale,

come out and check out your machines ?

all we've got is total stock

but i love to look at all the hopped up rigs

and it would be cool to meet some local yokels that have got the smarts and answers for some of our questions

email me if some kind of gathering could be set-up some time

bubonik@post.com

cool and thanks

Love the shots ! and sooke is so nice .....

I Love the photos and the vids

is there any way, that the next time you guys get together,

that me and Mr. Hat (the lawnmower-'90 loyale)

and my friend with an XT & Loyale,

come out and check out your machines ?

all we've got is total stock

but i love to look at all the hopped up rigs

and it would be cool to meet some local yokels that have got the smarts and answers for some of our questions

email me if some kind of gathering could be set-up some time

bubonik@post.com

cool and thanks

Love the shots ! and sooke is so nice .....

Hey, we'd be glad to include you guys in the next meet. I didnt even know about you guys, I only figured there was a few USMB guys on the island. More the merrier!

Corey maybe we should start a thread so us islanders can set up a larger meet in the future, probly belongs in meet and greet but there's not all that much exposure there.

And maybe by then I'll have a real wagon (ie non stock) so I can go play too:brow:

Although with a little one on the way there's not a lot of xtra $$$ lying around to play with. Oh well - priorities.

Was definitley a good time though...

• 3 weeks later...

Hey, you can have plenty of fun in a stock subaru. Next time maybe we'll do some loggin' road cruisin or something. We could go up harborview to shields lake but theres a few gatekeeper obstacles that could mean rocker damage to a stock suby if not driven with some care. Its up to you. you could get some 14" 6lug toyota 2wd rims for dirt cheap, drill em out for 4 lug, and stick some 205/75/14 tires(about 25-26") without a lift. You'd be good to follow us along the main trails for sure. not everything is as tight as my back yard.

I'm sure next time there could be a lot more subarus rounded up if there is more notice too. Just we were working on some subarus and had to drive our subarus there... before we knew it, 4 EA82's just hanging out. haha.

Hey, you can have plenty of fun in a stock subaru. Next time maybe we'll do some loggin' road cruisin or something. We could go up harborview to shields lake but theres a few gatekeeper obstacles that could mean rocker damage to a stock suby if not driven with some care. Its up to you. you could get some 14" 6lug toyota 2wd rims for dirt cheap, drill em out for 4 lug, and stick some 205/75/14 tires(about 25-26") without a lift. You'd be good to follow us along the main trails for sure. not everything is as tight as my back yard.