Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Aftermarket Catalytic Converter

I posted this up in another thread but figured it'd be easier to find in its own thread.

Autozone has an aftermarket catalytic converter you can use. "I went to an Autozone store to see if they had any 2.5" catalytic converters. To my surprise, they had one and it was EXACTLY what I was looking for. It's a 2.5" unit on both ends, it's about 14" long and it only costs $59.99. The part# for this cat converter is: 38604. If anyone is looking for a cat converter for a TWE install or another install, this one looks like it may be a winner. I'm overjoyed I don't have to get a Random Tech or other. "

CatConverter.JPG

Perhaps Autozone have a smaller diametered version of this cat in 2.25" or 2.00".

do ther have a larger diameter cat, like 3"??? i might be needing one like that for my impreza some time down the road.

Summit racing, catco cat i think. THe ones we have in stock are specifically for the TurboXS TBE...that DP is...well, MONSTEROUS...its about a 4~4.5 inch bellmouth that comes down to 3 inches at the cat. :eek: If they were not so expensive I'd get one for my TD04 swap.