Ultimate Subaru Message Board

subaru offroad videos

archemitis

whoever made them, and sold them... please make and distribute more! i am in no way being pushy, or angry, i just think these videos are a great contribution to the subaru way of offroading. i just sat up for who knows how many hours watching "subaru fun" part 3 and 4. very very good stuff. i couldnt sleep! made me feel like it is summer again, instead of crappy mn winter.

it also helped me pick a final lift/tire combo for my hatch.

some suggestions: use shorter tapes, to maximise profit(in turn motivation)

maybe turn it over to someone who could pump them out, cuz they would sell like hotcakes, if there was a supply.

sams sells cases of vhs tapes very cheap.

thats about it. please consider my request, its just too good for everyone in this community!

if nothing else, thanks for making them. its the best offroad video i have ever seen. and i've seen alot of toyota ones...

Sorry, I'm done with the distributing thing. Little profit and very little feedback for a big pain in the butt is how I feel about it.

In all, I put out 1,2,3, Best of those three, 4, 5, and the Subarubicon vids. (part 5 got recorded over by accident, whoops, I don't even have it any more. . .)

I really don't like the idea of letting someone else distribute my hard work. It may sound weird, but they're my baby.

In the future, I may be working with a local board member (who I trust, but will keep his I.D. secret to keep pressure off of him) to get some DVDs out. More like his vids featuring some of my footage. With music and effects added.

Sorry, I'm done with the distributing thing. Little profit and very little feedback for a big pain in the butt is how I feel about it.

In all, I put out 1,2,3, Best of those three, 4, 5, and the Subarubicon vids. (part 5 got recorded over by accident, whoops, I don't even have it any more. . .)

I really don't like the idea of letting someone else distribute my hard work. It may sound weird, but they're my baby.

In the future, I may be working with a local board member (who I trust, but will keep his I.D. secret to keep pressure off of him) to get some DVDs out. More like his vids featuring some of my footage. With music and effects added.

oh make it happen!

i dont own a vcr never mind a tv to watch vhs on.

the idea of a dvd i could drop in the computer is excellent man!

well one of these days tim hansen will finish the movie he made about my westerly travels. it should be interesting. i was there but i would have to see the final edit to see what kind of spin there will be on the story. havent heard any updates as of recent though.......

I have the equipment and the know how and the will to take peoples VHS and put them to DVD.

I will gladly do it. SHouldn't be too expensive. Making a DVD is about $5 if enuff people want them. I can even crank them out one at a time if there is not to much demand. Just take a bit more time. :)

Private message me if you want to mail me tapes or email me video footage you may have on your computer. The higher quality the better!

I have the equipment and the know how and the will to take peoples VHS and put them to DVD.

I will gladly do it. SHouldn't be too expensive. Making a DVD is about $5 if enuff people want them. I can even crank them out one at a time if there is not to much demand. Just take a bit more time. :)

Private message me if you want to mail me tapes or email me video footage you may have on your computer. The higher quality the better!

Appreciated, but

I also have the technology to take VHS and put it onto DVD. Just not interested in spending the time. The vids are retired.

Why are we all dependant on Eric for footage? THere are enough Lifted Subarus around here that we should have 100 DVDs and VHS tapes. I have about 4+ hours of footage from my own wagon. But just as Eric has said, the time and effort involved doesnt weigh out. Thats time I could spend wrenchin on my Sube's.

-Brian

the time and effort involved doesnt weigh out. Thats time I could spend wrenchin on my Sube's.

-Brian

that's why... he was the only one doing it.

I dont have a fancy camcorder of any sorts to shoot film of me offroading. :-\ The only stills you see on here of me were taken by others that I was able to get images from.

I felt lucky to be able to get the series, the vids were well worth the money and have inspired myself and many of my friends. Good to here you will still be doing them, I personally would have no prob's with a price increase cause there's no doubting how much work went into the editing, copying and distribution of them. Not to mention taking all the vids first of all.

I lack a camcorder to create my own videos, but I do have an overabundance of time to produce videos if I get raw footage. I could be another helping hand to create compilation DVDs with music and whatnot. *shrug*

Free time is the one thing I do have. It takes money to be able to wrench on the Ru. Money for parts, and money for tools. But I'm already set when it comes to the computer power, the time, and necessary devices to semi-mass produce DVDs and VHS cassettes.

I dont blame Eric for not wanting to do such a thing, as I'd feel the same way about my personal vids..not wanting to share (depend on another to produce) and such. I dunno...

I felt lucky to be able to get the series, the vids were well worth the money and have inspired myself and many of my friends. Good to here you will still be doing them, I personally would have no prob's with a price increase cause there's no doubting how much work went into the editing, copying and distribution of them. Not to mention taking all the vids first of all.

Pretty much somes it up :clap: :clap: :clap:

well... i do have access to some copies... maybe i could cover mn....

comming soon in april. lotsa vids of me, morganm, my pa, and whoever else shows up, breaking subarus!

im thinkin i will record it all onto a laptop hard drive, on location, then burn dvds till my burner fries!

if people cant see what these things do, it will only be the wierdos(yes like us) offroading subarus in the future.

well... i do have access to some copies... maybe i could cover mn....

Please, if you have copies of my vids, keep them and show them if you like. Please don't copy them. I've only had that problem once, (that I know of) I'd like to keep it that way.

Why are we all dependant on Eric for footage? THere are enough Lifted Subarus around here that we should have 100 DVDs and VHS tapes.

Yeah, what he said.

if anyone would like to produce a DVD, my uncle owns/runs a company that shoots/edits/packages similar stuff.

Point being, he has a DVD replicator :)

put a DVD in, tell it to go, wait a while as it burns/prints labels on up to 50 disks, good to go.

Just another option out there that should be pretty cheap. We could even have him edit them together, but that might start costing a bit more.

I would also like to see some of these videos.