Ultimate Subaru Message Board

scary

last night, somebody tried to steal my car right in front of my house. something must have scared them off. the only damage is around the ignition. the plastic was broken off and it looks like they tried to brake the lock with a screwdriver. weirdest thing, my stereo was untouched. guess i was pretty lucky after all. marco

People should just leave other peoples spoob alone!!!!:madder: I had both my cars broken into about 6 months ago and lost both my strereos. My roommate had his car jacked right out in front of the house in the driveway. It was found 2 weeks later on a side street when they couldn't open the gas cap and it ran out of gas.

Joe

Hell leave the windows open on your car and then from in your home sit at a second floor window with a PELLET GUN and teach them a lesson in the rump roast... Bet they wont be back to try and take your car again... Or better yet how about removing the inside door handles and putting in power locks.. when they get in you from remote lock the doors locking them inside and then leave the back window slightly open just enough to empty out a whole can of pepper spray/tear gas.... WOOO WHAT FUN...:banana: Then dance around like the banana guy as they cough and have snot running out of there nose from the pepper spray and laugh your rump roast off....

young dumb punk kids

anobody who claims they are a car theif would have had that care gone in 5 minutes. looks like some dumd kids watched too many movies and wanted to go on a joy ride only to learn they were missing a key step in hot wiring a car =P

the worst part is the feeling of violation. that old hot rod I had was broke into three times and once was an atempt to steal it (thank God the battery was dead! lol) that feeling of some respectless dickhead trying to steal your stuff becuase their too damn lazy to work hard and earn it themselves is horrible.

american society relys greatly on the illusion of safety. when that illusion is disolved after something like this the feeling and questions we are left with is often times worse then the crime commited :(

atleast they didnt get away with it however! :D

peace

I have caught the local thieves twice trying to break into my two cars. I have a one car garage...two cars with stereo equipment...opted to rent a storage space for "extra" parking so I could always have my cars and equipment out of reach from thieving hands. I get up for work at 2:30 am every morning...and as soon as I would be doing my "business" in the bathroom before I leave for work...my car alarms would go start to go off. So...off I run with my "bad guy be good stick" in hand...out the front door and just see assholes and elbows go off into the distance. Now I can sleep at night....even when my car is in the garage I still lock it up and set the alarm...take no chances. I have lost two stereo systems in the past....and each time they take one...I make it better and louder than the last...hehe.

I caught a teen from down the street stealing the stereo from my then-new '82 Celica. Didn't involve the police, but the parents instead. That kid was hating life for a long time after that. I saw his brother a few years ago, and I was told the kid straighened out, got a legit job, and is a responsible family man.

I agree with MorganM about the feeling of violation. A piece of stereo equipment is easily replaced, but the empty feeling of something missing (and damaged remains) is the worst.

If criminals were smart, they wouldn't be criminals.

Russ had some guy try to bust the back window out of his Camaro a year or so ago.. but I suppose I'll let him tell the story when he gets back from CA

As for me, I had my 87 hatchback cleaned out from in front of my house. The cops were less then helpful (Stupid lazy APD), the cop spent most of his time touching everything "Oh we can't get prints off this".. Never caught 'em or recovered my stereo :-( but about 2 weeks later, my dad came home early from work and saw this big jacked up Toyota in front of the house, and when they saw my dad they bolted, but dad got his plate #. Every time I saw him in traffic or around town, he'd try to get away from me, but I couldn't prove anythign so I was pretty much screwed.

i wasn't really worried about the stereo, but i just put a rebuilt engine , new hoses, new radiator,new this and that in the car , so if they had stolen it, i would be screwed with what an insurance company would give me for it. plus i love my wagon. marco