Ultimate Subaru Message Board

The new face of Subaru! The B9 is pretty sharp in person! Photos inside ;)

and if they know what's smart then they won't take their eyes off of the loyal customers like us.

This, my friend, is exactly what I'm afraid Subaru is doing.

That &^$*%$@ grill separates me and SOA from doing any business a few years from now.

Hate the framed windows. Hate the head lights. Hate the hood. Hate the grille. Hate the Baja. Hate the "round" lights they've been putting on their newer lines(goes for gen 1 too :brow: ) Love my ea81's, 82's, the EJ lines. Love my 98 Legacy 2.5. Love SVX's.. Love XT's.. Love RX's.. LOVE THE BRAT! The people at SOA need to keep their unique designs and not try to go mainstream. People are catching Subaru fever as it is... they don't need this CRAP to try and steal customers from Ford and Toyota!!! We don't want those people driving around in Subaru's being Rude and not waving to/acknowledging fellow Subaru owners!!!! (Nuff of these people out there already)*Grrrrrr*

People are catching Subaru fever as it is... they don't need this CRAP to try and steal customers from Ford and Toyota!!!

OMG thank you!! Everyone has tried to feed me this garbage that Subaru is falling behind in sales and all that BS... Subaru has NEVER had a better time than right now!! The WRX is outselling any figures SOA ever predicted, and now every single Subaru line has a turbo model. They're kicking rump roast right now, and it's STILL not good enough for them :mad:

The WRX is outselling any figures SOA ever predicted...

And I'm damn sick of pulling up next these people in my 98 GT (or even the BRAT).. giving them a respective nod or wave and getting looked at like I'm some kind of chump. Like they are better than me because they have a WRX and I'm just in a Legacy (or Brat)

Or even better.. the people driving around in WRX's that THINK my 98 Legacy is a WRX (I debadged it) just because it has a HOOD SCOOP. And then they try to race me. *GRRR* (Ranting)

subaru fever... that's right, has anyone taken note that almost all new cars are starting to look like subaru's?? They just want to be cool like us :cool:

ANother thought that came to mind when looking at the front... BMW... looks like the front end of a BMW.... ewwww

I think you will see that most new cars have the round headlights encased in a smooth plastic fairing. That is just the style of the day, and I'm not bothered by it.

I think the exterior styling, esp. the front end could be a lot more attractive if they narrowed the front grille, and put the headlights in a more natural position.

The interior looks really nice, and I bet it is a pleasure to ride in.

The main problem I see is that it is still not really a family car. I bought a Dodge Grand Caravan this year because I wanted something that was useful for hauling the family and extra cargo. None of the Subarus I have seen lately have ample room for a family car.

The Outback and the Forester are just too small. This car looks too small too, and the fancy styling and H6 engine probably come with a price tag I can not justify at this point in my life.

I think this would be a nice car for a couple or a 1 child family.

Take a look at the cars from Chrysler and the imports, and you will see this trend toward aggressive, new styling. About every 10 years we have to deal with radical changes in body style. I'm sure we will get used to it.

I still love the look and feel of my 96 Legacy L. It's fun to drive, reliable, easy to work on, and looks great, although it could use a new paint job soon.

Matt D

The grill looks like the 1st Gen grills.

The B9 Tribeca is admittedly very non-Subaru.

The name is the first thing. It's pretty odd. Do we can it a B9 or Tribeca?

Here are the pluses

1) Bigger platform than the Legacy.

2) Keeps the AWD heritage

3) Drivetrain uses reliable proven designs

4) Introduce Subaru to a whole new market.

5) New market may end up buying other soobs

6) Priced and shaped similar to a Murano. (wife likes Murano)

Minuses

1) Front grill.

On an interesting note, just spoke a dealer about the B9 and how it looks. Several people are commenting on the front grill being butt ugly.

He said that the 2002 WRX w/the bug eyes caused sales to drop in Japan and other established WRX markets. Here in America, they sold like crazy b/c it was a WRX. Thus the headlight change in the new models. He thinks that the grill will only last a few years and then it will go to something more subtle.

That is good b/c I don't plan to buy a new car for a few years.

BW

I saw a car the other day, maybe the same one you are talking about. I thought it was a Lexus though. I said to myself, Lexus is comming up in the world, trying to copy my OB. The only thing I liked better about it was the window tint. Still not dark or reflective enough though.

This car definately has nothing on the Legacy (my personal fav. since that's what I have) or the outback, but If I was a mother I definately would love this, throw the seats up for the kids, and back down for grocieries and what-not. I agree they went way wrong on the look though, I dont know what they were thinking with that... it's true everyone is making their vehicles look like subaru's so why make subi's look like other cars? One of life's unsolved mysteries I guess = P

OK for the out of towners, Tribeca was a term coined by clever real estate agents to sell what was at the time a dreary part of Manhattan, formerly industrial and commercial loft spaces. TriBeCa stands for the Triangle Below Canal street. As it turned out, the marketting worked. This area, blocks away from the former (I hate saying that) World Trade Towers became one of the more trendy NY neighborhoods. The car is still UGLY!

Okay, I'm not at all impressed with the nose of the car. It looks like they tried too hard in the styling department. Still, after looking at more pictures of this thing, I think it's the rear shot of the car that is ugly! It looks awkward and unbalanced. Why all that empty space and the unnecessary sunken rectangular part. If you have that much sheetmetal/bumper (the rear on this baby screams "minivan") then they could have put some larger, more aggressive tail lights on it. From the side, though, the car looks pretty good as just a profile shot. Kinda sad--the car seems like wasted potential as a true cool SUV. Still, they will sell because they look distinct in the driveway and soccer moms will be happy to buy a Subaru that hasn't been voted #1 lesbian car in America.

Took some time to pull some pics of the .......Touareg

If I could get the Touraeg in the V10 deisel model, I would be all over that .( If I had the $$)

I saw one at the auto show a year or two back .. Had driver controlled front, canter and rear diffs, Deisel V-10, excellent ground clearance, ungodly amounts of torque...

The B9 looks like a K9. Or is it the Edsel of the 21st century? ( sorry to dog owners about the K9 comment) And I am saddened to see the production of another SUV rather than a Hybrid-Subaru.

The B9 just may go the way of the Baja.