Ultimate Subaru Message Board

High mileage poll

1989 RX.... 208k on the ticker... goin through the motor right now but it has blown headgaskets and a bad oil return line from the turbo so it would leave puddles for me... oh and I also had a river coming out of my exhaust as well:rolleyes:

my '79 4wd wagon... has about 275k on it (I confrimed it with the DMV since they have records of 75K and 175K) BUT had a JDM EA71 swapped into it with a rod knock currently...

343,000 -- 84 DL wagon

319,000 -- Jessica's car (not original heads)

260,000 -- my old hatchback (first subie) I still have the engine, still has 175 psi in all 4 cylinders, and runs like a champ!

but the most mileage I've ever heard of:

TAlked to a guy who knew of another guy who worked for an RV manufacturer, adn he had a 93 Doge Ram 350 that he used to haul trailers around the country with, and at 1,030,000 miles his odometer broke! (This was a Cummins Turbo Diesel with a manual tranny)

Read an article in AutoWeek about a guy who bought a 54 Packard off the lot in 53, and he still has it, has 540,000 on the car, transmission is due for its third rebuild but the motor has never been touched aside from replacing the aluminum head with a cast iron head after a few months when the original one warped (Common problem with the straight eight)

Saw last night on Rides a 1930 something Rolls-Royce Silver Cloud (I think it was a silver cloud.. Silver something lol) that was ALL ORIGNAL, and it was the first one made.. Insured by R-R for 40,000,000 bucks, and it had over 500,000 miles on it and it had NEVER BEEN OPENED UP! had nothing done but maintenance!

TAlked to a guy who knew of another guy who worked for an RV manufacturer, adn he had a 93 Doge Ram 350 that he used to haul trailers around the country with, and at 1,030,000 miles his odometer broke! (This was a Cummins Turbo Diesel with a manual tranny)

I could belive that kind of millage out a a diesel, especcialy a cummins. Those over the road trucks see that kind of mileage regularly

My 82 brat, 246,000 on engine, that is still getting 32 mpg, with all my rafting gear. I got it with blown tranny,(stripped out 2nd-3rd shifter hub and sleeve), replaced with a man. d/r 4spd. out of 84 wagon...got the tranny cleaned off and written in jy yellow, was 81 SUB!!! This tranny just WENT OUT, because the clutch link cable housing, decided to break just as I was shifting, and broke mid shift so I ground a bunch and seemed to burr up second and 1st so I couldn't get into, even AFTER I replaced cable with new one. So while I got the tranny out, I'm also changing out rear seals, pan gasket, and rebuild oil pump, etc...to try and stop the leaks. Really like these cars...