Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

what is is about soobs

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Roobaflu

Roobaflu

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 189 posts
  • Hicksville

Posted 31 January 2005 - 07:19 AM

I can't figure out what it is. I mean, before this car, I had a BMW325i, before that, a heavily modified RX7, before that, a mildly modified toyota supra. One might think I took a MAJOR step down by switching to an 85 subaru hatchback, but the truth is I absolutely LOVE this car, but can't for the life of me explain why

#2 WJM

WJM

SUBARU

• Members
  • 7,828 posts

Posted 31 January 2005 - 07:21 AM

There is no why, only SUBARU.

#3 85Sub4WD

85Sub4WD

EA82 Junkie

• Members
  • 1,244 posts
  • Raleigh NC/Charlotte NC

Posted 31 January 2005 - 07:38 AM

Soob handeling, and the fact it is a Subaru. The control layout is VERY easy in these cars too, no searching for any button hidden behind something.

#4 stngllhm

stngllhm

Subaru Fanatic!

• Members
  • 366 posts
  • Casper

Posted 31 January 2005 - 09:35 AM

and when the white stuff is on the ground you are passing EVERYBODY!!!!

#5 A DOG

A DOG

Subaru Ninjai for hire

• Members
  • 859 posts
  • Bozeman

Posted 31 January 2005 - 09:56 AM

I think that subarus are the best because they handle really well for an old 4WD wagons, hatches, and sedans. They are easy to find and cheap. They last forever. To top it all off they are good in any weather. Plus they off road better than any 4WD old school wagon. If you compared a 4WD tercel to a subaru I think they suby would kill it in every test.

#6 calebz

calebz

Andys Coupe killed my cat

• Administrator
  • 7,547 posts
  • Tacoma

Posted 31 January 2005 - 10:00 AM

I think that subarus are the best because they handle really well for an old 4WD wagons, hatches, and sedans. They are easy to find and cheap. They last forever. To top it all off they are good in any weather. Plus they off road better than any 4WD old school wagon. If you compared a 4WD tercel to a subaru I think they suby would kill it in every test.

That right there folks, is a winner

1 cheap
2 easy to find
3 long lived
4 beats the crap out of the competition of the time.

They aren't pretty, they aren't fast, they don't handle exceptionally well..

But they get the job done.

#7 VaporTrail

VaporTrail

Brattitude Adjustment

• Administrator
  • 11,152 posts
  • Central Iowa

Posted 31 January 2005 - 10:22 AM

I can't figure out what it is. I mean, before this car, I had a BMW325i, before that, a heavily modified RX7, before that, a mildly modified toyota supra. One might think I took a MAJOR step down by switching to an 85 subaru hatchback, but the truth is I absolutely LOVE this car, but can't for the life of me explain why

Please see this thread, as you will inevitably need it :)

http://www.ultimates...ead.php?t=12938

you are on your way :)

#8 Syonyk

Syonyk

Subaru Nut

• Members
  • 645 posts
  • Ames, IA

Posted 31 January 2005 - 02:17 PM

I've got a (mostly) stock 2nd gen RX-7, and I really enjoy my Subaru (88 DL Wagon) as well. It's roomier, and... I just enjoy driving it. I can't explain why either, because it's a LOT less powerful, the shifter is absurdly sloppy as compared to the '7, the brakes need work, and it has pieces falling off.

-=Russ=-

#9 Lukas

Lukas

Subaru Fanatic!

• Members
  • 356 posts
  • Austria

Posted 31 January 2005 - 02:27 PM

I love the EA82 Leone since 1988. They are a little piece of my childhood.

I remember lots of holiday journeys with our Leone when I was a little child.

So I drive a Leone because I can keep a little bit of my childhood in that way.

L

#10 Bucky92

Bucky92

Drive Fast, Take Chances

• Members
  • 3,664 posts
  • New Milford

Posted 31 January 2005 - 04:09 PM

I fell in love with Subarus awhile back with my 88 GL wagon..needed a delivery car and dog hauler and there it was cheap...I love everything about them...they handle well..great in bad weather (even my FWD ones ..which was all of them) easy to work on...specially since you dont have to often. Gas mileage is terrific and they will go when they need to...before Subarus I had stuff like my 71 Mach 1 Mustang 428 CJ,70 Mustang Coupe 289,86 Daytona Turbo Z, and a bunch of VWs for beaters...and my Subaru have always been the best....now I can't see myself driving anything but a Soob.

I think it is cause they love you back....they first win you over and then absolutly love you back...I have seen Soobs take care of ppl when they really shouldnt have..me included. Out of my 3 that I have had my current Loyale is the most special...dont know why but he is. Yes I want another one either newer or older but I want to keep my Bucky around till there is nothing left of him but some parts to become doners to another deserving Soob..that way he will live on.
Thats what it is about Soobs...they are just special!

#11 Sweet82

Sweet82

Elite Master of the Subaru

• Members
  • 3,266 posts
  • Salt Lake City

Posted 31 January 2005 - 04:10 PM

I fell in love with my Hatch back in 1983 when I found it six months old. I have driven the car ever since. I've never had any real problems and it just keeps on going....

A buddy of mine is a car dealer, always pressuring me to get a new car. My answer was always the same...."This is the car I want to drive"....

Why? It does everything I need a car to do. What more can you ask for?

Now it's body has changed but it's still the car I love to drive...

My .02
Glenn
82 SubaruHummer
01 Forester

#12 Roobaflu

Roobaflu

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 189 posts
  • Hicksville

Posted 31 January 2005 - 05:01 PM

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one :] Some of my friends think I'm nuts. I loved my car when I was bringing it home, no exhaust except a really rusted out Y-pipe, really bad brakes, surface rust everywhere, no rockers or quarters, totally ragged out interior, but somehow I was and still am SO excited :] I havent noticed the handling to me anything impressive, but like i said I just got rid of the beemer, and before that was the heavily modified 1st generation rx7 that cornered like a go-cart, hehe, so at this point its hard to impress me with handling. And as far as bad weather, I got the car stuck in my driveway as soon as I got it home, LOL
But like I said, i still absolutely love it :]

#13 85Sub4WD

85Sub4WD

EA82 Junkie

• Members
  • 1,244 posts
  • Raleigh NC/Charlotte NC

Posted 31 January 2005 - 05:07 PM

Given your description of the car, it is safe to assume that your shocks are probably not in too good a shape either. Besides EA82 cars *supposedly* (hatch patrol don't kill me) handle better than EA81 cars (a hatch is an EA81). However, I lack enough expierence to compare the two. I would start fixing the rust and the exhaust b/c you need both to be safe on the road.

Get some good tires too, so you don't get stuck in the driveway ;)

#14 mudduck

mudduck

Subaru Nut

• Members
  • 703 posts
  • Asheboro NC

Posted 31 January 2005 - 06:47 PM

I had an 86 Brat that I beat the crap out of. I even got rear ended by some idiot driving 40 mph(i was sitting still) tialgate wouldnt open any more but the guy i sold it to still has it. saw it on the road last summer. wish i could have afforded to keep it and do some work to it.
I love how my loyale handles. when i was in co. i would drive the sube when the snow was real bad because it did so much better than my 88 toyota 4x4. Its not the prettiest thing on the road, the front fenders are rusting away and its got a little bit of "custom" body work but gets great milage, 4wd and hasn't ever realy let me down.

#15 Roobaflu

Roobaflu

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 189 posts
  • Hicksville

Posted 31 January 2005 - 07:05 PM

Get some good tires too, so you don't get stuck in the driveway ;)

its got good tires, but we got 6-7 inches of snow last weekend and I never shoveled :P I didnt get stuck bad enough that I needed help getting out, but it took a lot of rocking and coaxing. In the subarus defense, the snow was deep enough that I wasnt just leaving tire tracks in the snow, I was leaving crossmember tracks in the snow, LOL

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users