Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

engine misses idle and check engine light is on?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 jstriker

jstriker

New User

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • seattle.wa

Posted 31 January 2005 - 08:57 PM

my car has the check engine light on and a slight miss at idle and an annoing ticking sound when the car is in gear.. the tick goes away when its in neutral and when its on the road..... i did a search and found this topic.... http://www.ultimates...light=idle miss and it mentions the egr solinoid maybe being the problem im pretty new at working on my car and dont quite know where everything is... so im wondering where the egr solinoid is located... ive already replaced the plugs and wires.. checked the coil.. switched some sensor that mounts to the back of the intake (i hope thats not the egr solinoid) and my next guess would be the o2 sensor?... any help would be greatly appreciated.. thanks

#2 charlierh2

charlierh2

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 168 posts
  • Minneapolis, MN

Posted 31 January 2005 - 11:54 PM

get the codes pulled and post them here. someone will me able to point you in the right direction then

#3 jstriker

jstriker

New User

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • seattle.wa

Posted 01 February 2005 - 12:06 AM

im a newbie so how do i pull the codes?

#4 coloradosubarules

coloradosubarules

Banned

• Banned
  • 870 posts
  • Port St. Lucie

Posted 01 February 2005 - 12:11 AM

Might help if we knew what year, make and model you drive.

#5 jstriker

jstriker

New User

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • seattle.wa

Posted 01 February 2005 - 01:46 AM

Might help if we knew what year, make and model you drive.

DOH!!!! sorry its a 91 legacy with a 16v so whatever motor number that is?... also i was told that autozone might have the decoder thing and that it might be free to hook up and check? does anyone know about this?

#6 coloradosubarules

coloradosubarules

Banned

• Banned
  • 870 posts
  • Port St. Lucie

Posted 01 February 2005 - 02:15 AM

You do not need autozone for this. Follow this link and then thank Josh and me later...

http://www.surrealmi...aru/subaru.html

Hope this helps

#7 jstriker

jstriker

New User

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • seattle.wa

Posted 01 February 2005 - 02:54 PM

ok after spending 30 mins trying to undo someones wonderfull maskingtape job to keep the connectors hidden from my fat fingers.... i ran a code check and came up with 12.... and 14... i just replaced the starter so im not worried about that i dont think... so i guess ill see about replacing the #1 injector and see what happens then? unless somone can give me a better idea? well im off to the suby yard to see about returning some parts i didnt need... thanks josh and colorado....... thats a very helpfull site you got there... and your car is OHHHHH so clean.... looks good

#8 coloradosubarules

coloradosubarules

Banned

• Banned
  • 870 posts
  • Port St. Lucie

Posted 01 February 2005 - 04:50 PM

That would be Josh's (legacy777) car and his website. He has helped alot of us. He even called me the other day to help me with a problem I was having.

My legacy is a wagon....

#9 jstriker

jstriker

New User

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • seattle.wa

Posted 02 February 2005 - 12:29 AM

ok.... i switched out the #1 injector.... NO difference... hmmm? now im stumped..... im gonna try the codes again tomorrow morning... see if it brings up something else... anyone got any ideas on what it might be?

#10 Hank Roberts

Hank Roberts

Eat, Live, Breath Subaru

• Members
  • 342 posts

Posted 11 April 2005 - 06:03 PM

Long time since you posted here, still around?

You know you have to get rid of the codes, after you fix a problem -- they're stored and keep displaying until you clear the computer. Then, if the problem was fixed too, no new codes.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users