Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Official Weber thread for OffRoad.........

chef_tim

• 1 month later...

I have a question again. I have installed my weber and went to get the throttle cable on, but it seems to be like an inch too short. I may have to buy a new one, is it gonna fit? Is there a cable I can get thats a little longer than the stock one? Thanks.

I have a question again. I have installed my weber and went to get the throttle cable on, but it seems to be like an inch too short. I may have to buy a new one, is it gonna fit? Is there a cable I can get thats a little longer than the stock one? Thanks.

it should fit no problem... well, the one that came with the hitachi carb fits. not sure if the carter-webber one fits. I've had to take it out of the holder under the spare tray before to get some length....

It definitely has room behind the throttle linkage, where the cable screws into the linkage is where the room is nulled. Could I cut some of the plastic housing away from the cable to back the tightener up towards te firewall any? I may have to take a picture trying to explain this one.:)

• 1 month later...

don't know if any one is still looking at this thread but i have a Webber question.

in the thread there is a list of donor vehicles that have carbs that will work on a subie, one is the dodge D50 pickup. i scored the carb from one of these and i can not find a weber badge on it anywhere. i did find the name MIKUNI corp. is this still a carb i can use? and if so where can i locate a adapter plate.

EL TORO

hmm... well I know its not on a subaru, but it IS a weber...

swapped an l20b to replace a blown z24 in my 720 truck... it came with a weber 32/36 dgv carbuerator jetted for a 1600 engine(not sure about air, but the fuel jetting is 160 main and secondary is 135). anyways, the problem we are having is the engine will not idle or hardly even run without the choke fully closed, it starves for fuel. we figured the jetting on it would probably be fine for the l20 engine, but the only thing we can come up with that might be causing it is that it doesnt sit completely level, but after adjusting the float we figured that wouldnt be a problem. there are absolutely no vac leaks or anything around the base of the carb or around the manifold, and the ignition is in prime condition tuned dead on. we cant figure anything out and because of this my dad is convinced webers are the worst carbuerators in the world and now he wants to try to make the hitachi off of the z24 work and he is convinced the hitachi is a much higher quality carbuerator. anyone wanna help me with this?

I've read through this post, and some of the links. I am new to carbs...my brat has a weber installed on it...has great gas milage-28mpg, but my engine "diesels" when shut off, I also lose power and the engine "misses" in damp and/or cold weather, especially on large hills.

Here is my question, my weber says "DGAV33" (could be DGAV 38 if the stamps are on top of each other...but we'll go with the 33) Where do I find info, diagrams, parts for this weber? I have looked on the web and not had any luck today!

Thanks

I'm no Weber guru but I don't think there was ever a 38 DGAV and if that's what you had I don't think you'd be getting 28 MPG. Any chance it says "DGAV32" or "DGAV 32/36"??? That'd be a lot more likely and you'd find more info searching for one of those. This list here shows that a DGAV 32 exists and apparently was stock on Euro Fords. For tuning info and diagrams you might try RedlineWeber.com

If the tuning is perfect and it still diesels, you might try adding an anti-diesel solinoid (available from Redline and other folks.) Hope that helps a bit. Post pics of it if you can.

I'm no Weber guru but I don't think there was ever a 38 DGAV and if that's what you had I don't think you'd be getting 28 MPG. Any chance it says "DGAV32" or "DGAV 32/36"??? That'd be a lot more likely and you'd find more info searching for one of those. This list here shows that a DGAV 32 exists and apparently was stock on Euro Fords. For tuning info and diagrams you might try RedlineWeber.com

If the tuning is perfect and it still diesels, you might try adding an anti-diesel solinoid (available from Redline and other folks.) Hope that helps a bit. Post pics of it if you can.

It is possible the stamping is difficult to read, I will check it out yet again tomarrow. I have seen pics of the "DGAV32 & 32/36" and it does resemble those. I'll check out the links & see if I can get some clear pics tomarrow then post them...Thanks for the tips:headbang:

• 5 months later...
How much fuel pressure can the weber handle? Anyone try getting a little more fuel to their weber?

it's not the pressure you need to change, it's the size of the jets.

the "standard" weber set-up for soobs has 140 mains. I have run 155's before, and it worked well. Never came up short of fuel.

too much fuel, and you'll have to rev too high to keep the engine going... (my little Holley 600 cfm experiment).

it's not the pressure you need to change, it's the size of the jets.

the "standard" weber set-up for soobs has 140 mains. I have run 155's before, and it worked well. Never came up short of fuel.

too much fuel, and you'll have to rev too high to keep the engine going... (my little Holley 600 cfm experiment).

So would it be safe to run a 3/8" line form the tank to the carb? Instead of through the hard lines? And would it be possible to run a bigger fuel pump with a seperate fuel pressure regulator in between?

So would it be safe to run a 3/8" line form the tank to the carb? Instead of through the hard lines? And would it be possible to run a bigger fuel pump with a seperate fuel pressure regulator in between?

I have a aftermarket pump on my red brat, solely because it sat for maybe 13 years before I got it.... the pump I got is already at the correct pressure for the weber.

I have used a higher pressure pump in the past with a seperate regulator (dial type, supposedly high failure rate). but there was no difference in performance... again, I only used it because of a dead stock pump....

• 2 weeks later...

well, I got my Brat running again tonight... I had the engine out to do a clutch job, and decided to put in my 155 mains. then along with that, I finally figured out my wiring to run my MSD6A multi-spark ignition...

WOW! just running it in the garage, feels/sounds way better....

• 2 weeks later...
well, I got my Brat running again tonight... I had the engine out to do a clutch job, and decided to put in my 155 mains. then along with that, I finally figured out my wiring to run my MSD6A multi-spark ignition...

WOW! just running it in the garage, feels/sounds way better....

are those the spark plugs that have like twin tips?

• 2 weeks later...

Are there any better aftermarket filters that work better than the one that comes with it? Pre-filter? It seems that I have to rebuild my weber already, its been on for about 90 days and on about 3 offroad trips.:mad: Gas is getting to the carb but is dripping into the carb, I think the jets are clogged real bad.

Are there any better aftermarket filters that work better than the one that comes with it? Pre-filter? It seems that I have to rebuild my weber already, its been on for about 90 days and on about 3 offroad trips.:mad: Gas is getting to the carb but is dripping into the carb, I think the jets are clogged real bad.

what size are your jets? have you dumped a can of seafoam in the gas tank yet?