Ultimate Subaru Message Board

outback spindles and brakes???

iluvdrt

Just wondering, but would a 97 outback spindles, and brakes fit on an 87? We got an outback in the yards last week, and I was thinking of trying to put the brakes, rotors, and spindles on my 87 to get bigger brakes, and a 5 lig conversion all in one. Would this work??

I know the alxes from my 87 turbo might not fit into the hub, but maybe I can alter them somehow with the outback axles.

I know that the legacy front parts will work, but you still need the XT6 control arm. You would also need the axles that match the spindles/hubs

I would assume that the same would hold true for OB stuff.. caution.. you would lose your ebrake in the process.

I know that the legacy front parts will work, but you still need the XT6 control arm. You would also need the axles that match the spindles/hubs

I would assume that the same would hold true for OB stuff.. caution.. you would lose your ebrake in the process.

sounds like to much of a task for now. I was just wondering if it would be a plug and play thing. Thanks.