Ultimate Subaru Message Board

round headlights on hatch

you mean like the white hatch shown in this 87 sales brochure?

http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/Literature/brochures/1987-j.jpg

Yeah I've seen a few different EA81s with the single round headlights. They were more common in 80 and 81.

The swap can be done, if you have the single rectangular headlights. You just need to swap the buckets if I remember right and the grill pieces. If you have the dual rectangular headlights, it's a different story. You would need to swap the core support or modify the existing one to accept the headlight buckets.

Yup...Actually, I've put round headlamps FROM an 81' hatch onto my 83' wagon, and modified a grill from a 79' wagon to make a pretty mean face. Turned out great, but required a bit of wiring and drilling...

Good luck!

got any pics? I'd love to see the grille

this is my old 87 *sniffle* I ended up having to put square lights on it cuz I couldn't find any in the JY with round lights after I got hit :-( And I wasn't into posting on the board yet (Man, I should have been, prolyl coulda gotten a set of lights AND a tranny for my 77....)

(No, the busted out turn signal in this pic isn't from that, THAT one is from someone backing into my friend who used ot have the car, before I bought it. Never did find one....)

87Stdfront.jpg