Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

- - - - -

carb question

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 JWX

Lonely driver

• Members
  • 3,073 posts
  • Atlanta

Posted 24 August 2003 - 07:39 PM

ok the carb on the ea-82 is bigger on the ea-81 so can you swap the intake over and get some performance gains or is there a reason nobodys tried this?

#2 GLCraig

Livin' the live

• Members
  • 2,706 posts
  • LV, Washington

Posted 24 August 2003 - 07:52 PM

People do this when they switch over to a weber but I don't think a EA81 carb will fit onto a EA82 manifold. I'm not too sure how well a EA81 will run with a EA82 carb.

#3 GeneralDisorder

Elite Master of the Subaru

• Members
  • 20,281 posts
  • Portland

Posted 24 August 2003 - 08:14 PM

I think ALL EA82 carbs were the feedback variety. You would need all the sensors, and the ECU as well. And maybe the disty, for the ECU to work right. Probably would work. The SPFI from an EA82 will work on an EA81. They are the same displacement, and the same (basically) intake manifold.

#4 NoahDL88

Elite Master of Cookies

• Members
  • 4,264 posts
  • Everett, WA, USA

Posted 24 August 2003 - 09:13 PM

There may be a portion on the manifold that hits the disty, part of a tab for a hold down, that can be completely removed, the biggest problem is clearancing out between the alt. bracket and the manifold, you can take a little off the manifold, its easier being aluminum but the safer bet is to grind down the bracket.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users