Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Muffler and Exhaust Sound Thread

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Myxalplyx

Myxalplyx

Old Wise and Dumb

• Members
  • 1,834 posts
  • New Castle

Posted 02 February 2005 - 01:15 PM

If you have an aftermarket muffler on your ride, can you post up a sound file so we can all hear it? Tell us what model Subaru you have and what mods you have on it also. That may be helpful.

Also, is there anyone that can host a video clip for me? I want to put up a short video (less than 5mb, maybe around 1-2mb) of the exhaust sound. I now have a 2.5" Flowmaster muffler installed. I have yet to see or hear it (I'm at work). Details will come sometime later this evening hopefully. I did what you folks said and asked for the piping coming from the muffler to be extended a little extra past the muffler. The exhaust shop (Meineke) said they couldn't believe how quiet the car was. *Perfect* Unfortunately, I still have an exhaust leak at the header/exhuast port connection. I only have 3 bolts per side. I need to somehow get the 4th bolt on each side to get no leaks. The gaskets are brand new. Thats all!

Thanks to Spanky Pete, here's the link to how my Flowmaster muffler sounds. It was dark outside so that's why the video quality is the way it is.
http://www.twistedni.../Flowmaster.MOV

Mods: Garner Pulley, Cone Air filter, Techworks header and downpipe, GT17 turbo, 2.5" catalytic converter, custom 2.5" exhaust, 2.5" In/Out Flowmaster muffler.

#2 MorganM

MorganM

Do you Subaru?

• Members
  • 8,390 posts
  • TwinCities

Posted 02 February 2005 - 01:35 PM

Here's a video clip that you can hear my exhuast pretty well in
http://www.mnchopsho..._no-problem.AVI

Setup:
EA82 SPFI engine
EA81 "Y pipe"
Custom mid pipe
2" ID Thunderbolt glasspack; dumps out right at the rear main crossmember.

To make the EA81 Y pipe fit on the EA82 I had to use the silly EA81 emissions spacers between the cylinder head and the exhuast headers. I cut off the tubes coming out of the spacers, hammerd them flat, and Archemitis welded them shut. Using the spacers ensures the cat clears your engine crossmember.

========

I can host your video clip. PM me and we'll work out the logistics.

#3 spanky_pete

spanky_pete

Certified Subaru Nut

• Members
  • 869 posts
  • Lewis County, WA

Posted 02 February 2005 - 01:54 PM

I can host the video for you. Send it to spanky_pete@twistednipple.com

#4 starkiller

starkiller

1000+ Super USER!

• Members
  • 1,153 posts
  • dupont

Posted 02 February 2005 - 08:24 PM

good deal!! i would like to hear the differences btwn the brands...

#5 88rxsedan

88rxsedan

Subaru Fanatic!

• Members
  • 385 posts
  • san antionio

Posted 02 February 2005 - 11:20 PM

I wish i had a vid cam, i think my car sounds beautiful

#6 Myxalplyx

Myxalplyx

Old Wise and Dumb

• Members
  • 1,834 posts
  • New Castle

Posted 02 February 2005 - 11:25 PM

I wish i had a vid cam, i think my car sounds beautiful

I just took a video of my car but it was completely dark. At least the sound is there. It's of a Flowmaster muffler. I sent the video/sound file to Spanky. I'm just awaiting a hosted link. I LOVE the sound. It actually sounds close to stock while driving. It's pretty quite and stealthy.

I posting up some pics of the whole exhaust system in another thread. I'm pretty happy about it.

#7 88rxsedan

88rxsedan

Subaru Fanatic!

• Members
  • 385 posts
  • san antionio

Posted 02 February 2005 - 11:45 PM

someone has to have a camera around here

#8 Phizinza

Phizinza

Yip yip

• Members
  • 3,872 posts
  • South Australia

Posted 03 February 2005 - 12:03 AM

I'll see how soon I can get a sound clip of my brat/brumby, Will post later! Now, to download some of these clips :grin:

#9 spanky_pete

spanky_pete

Certified Subaru Nut

• Members
  • 869 posts
  • Lewis County, WA

Posted 03 February 2005 - 12:38 AM

Sorry for the delay, here's the link. Right Click > Save as:
http://www.twistedni.../Flowmaster.MOV

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users