Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Muffler and Exhaust Sound Thread

If you have an aftermarket muffler on your ride, can you post up a sound file so we can all hear it? Tell us what model Subaru you have and what mods you have on it also. That may be helpful.

Also, is there anyone that can host a video clip for me? I want to put up a short video (less than 5mb, maybe around 1-2mb) of the exhaust sound. I now have a 2.5" Flowmaster muffler installed. I have yet to see or hear it (I'm at work). Details will come sometime later this evening hopefully. I did what you folks said and asked for the piping coming from the muffler to be extended a little extra past the muffler. The exhaust shop (Meineke) said they couldn't believe how quiet the car was. *Perfect* Unfortunately, I still have an exhaust leak at the header/exhuast port connection. I only have 3 bolts per side. I need to somehow get the 4th bolt on each side to get no leaks. The gaskets are brand new. Thats all!

Thanks to Spanky Pete, here's the link to how my Flowmaster muffler sounds. It was dark outside so that's why the video quality is the way it is.

http://www.twistednipple.com/cars/Flowmaster.MOV

Mods: Garner Pulley, Cone Air filter, Techworks header and downpipe, GT17 turbo, 2.5" catalytic converter, custom 2.5" exhaust, 2.5" In/Out Flowmaster muffler.

Here's a video clip that you can hear my exhuast pretty well in

http://www.mnchopshop.org/images/usmb/numbchux/Poopenwagen_no-problem.AVI

Setup:

EA82 SPFI engine

EA81 "Y pipe"

Custom mid pipe

2" ID Thunderbolt glasspack; dumps out right at the rear main crossmember.

To make the EA81 Y pipe fit on the EA82 I had to use the silly EA81 emissions spacers between the cylinder head and the exhuast headers. I cut off the tubes coming out of the spacers, hammerd them flat, and Archemitis welded them shut. Using the spacers ensures the cat clears your engine crossmember.

========

I can host your video clip. PM me and we'll work out the logistics.

I wish i had a vid cam, i think my car sounds beautiful
I just took a video of my car but it was completely dark. At least the sound is there. It's of a Flowmaster muffler. I sent the video/sound file to Spanky. I'm just awaiting a hosted link. I LOVE the sound. It actually sounds close to stock while driving. It's pretty quite and stealthy.

I posting up some pics of the whole exhaust system in another thread. I'm pretty happy about it.