Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Driver's window weatherstripping

The weather stripping on my window was sort of pulled off a little bit in the front of my driver's side window on my 97 Impreza. It's been driving me nuts, the whistling sound, for the year and a half that I've owned the car. I've been meaning to fix it but I'm not sure what's involved. How much trim needs to come off? I'm assuming that the rubber is in fine shape, just pulled away from the sheet metal.

Please help me stop the whistling.

The weather stripping on my window was sort of pulled off a little bit in the front of my driver's side window on my 97 Impreza. It's been driving me nuts, the whistling sound, for the year and a half that I've owned the car. I've been meaning to fix it but I'm not sure what's involved. How much trim needs to come off? I'm assuming that the rubber is in fine shape, just pulled away from the sheet metal.

Please help me stop the whistling.

They make an automotive weatherstripping glue. You can get it at any auto parts store. Just pull the weatherstripping out a little, add a few globs of glue and push it back into place with a wide screwdriver or puttyknife. You can use masking tape to hold it in place while it dries. Use your passenger side door as a guide to see where the weatherstripping goes in and where it goes out.

- Ed