Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I am on the road this week and guess what car Hertz put me in?

A 05 Outback wagon. :slobber:

Wow!! I have never been that impressed with the 00-04, not much of a difference from my 96 but this one…..

I might really consider one of these in a few years. I also love the automatic; I cannot believe I am saying this.

I have been a huge anti auto for a long time, but this one is great. And the symmetrical AWD is great, had some time before the meeting this am and took it for a few spinouts in an unplowed parking lot here in IL.

I cannot wait to drive a XT with the turbo!!!

I might really consider one of these in a few years. I also love the automatic; I cannot believe I am saying this.

I have been a huge anti auto for a long time, but this one is great. And the symmetrical AWD is great, had some time before the meeting this am and took it for a few spinouts in an unplowed parking lot here in IL.

Ahem, as *I* have been saying for quite some time, you will please note.

rweddy, you are now officially a "GIT"* !

*Geezer In Training

A few years ago we got a Forester as a Loaner car from a rental company. Of course I felt obligated to "put it through the paces".

I had it up in the mountains on a switch back road. I was going UP hill, around a corner, on loose gravel, floored! from a full stop.

I could not get the wheels to break loose :confused:

Now I own a Forester :D

Glenn

82 SubaruHummer

01 Forester

Resistance is Futile. You will be assimilated. :lol:

(another former anti-auto tranny fanatic - my Subie is my 8th vehicle and the first Auto I've ever owned and I love it.)

Resistance is Futile. You will be assimilated. :lol:

(another former anti-auto tranny fanatic - my Subie is my 8th vehicle and the first Auto I've ever owned and I love it.)

What I really like is the sport shifting ability.

Gives you the best of both worlds, and the XT has paddles on the steering wheel!!