Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Blow Off-Pop off valve for Baja Turbo.

I see the name GReddy a lot when reading about Bajas... I drive one, but I don't know anything about turbos, intakes, BOVs, I just know it goes fast enough right out of the box... heck, I'm still trying to understand how "the wheels on the Brat go 'round and 'round." I peeked under the hood of the Baja and closed it real fast!

First off, why do you want one?

If it's just for the sound, first try taking off your snorkus. You'll get a strong 'psssh' blow off noise under hard acceleration, just enough to freak people out and make yourself giggle and waste gas far too often.

If it's for performance, you'd have to be making serious boost pressures and horsepower to really need it over the stock valve. If you are, write it up because lots of BT owners would like to hear about it.

If it's for looks, make sure it'll fit under the hood. Generally all WRX/Forester XT blow off valves will fit our mounts but some won't fit under the hood. I know some people have to reverse mount it which seems like a lot of trouble for nothing but looks.