Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Rear Differential Oil Seal Leak

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 sidekickin

sidekickin

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts
  • Southwest Ohio

Posted 03 February 2005 - 03:01 AM

Hey guys,
My rear differential is leaking where the driver's side rear axle goes into the differential. So I am assuming i need to replace that oil seal. But I have checked around all the major auto parts stores and nobody has it or can even get it. Any ideas where I can locate something like that? Or if the part is obsolete, is there any way I can fix this seal? Thanks.

Bill

#2 grossgary

grossgary

Elite Master of the Subaru

• Members
  • 19,674 posts
  • WV

Posted 03 February 2005 - 08:42 AM

you can definitely find this seal, just not sure how. an idea would be to pull it out or have someone with a diff lying on the ground read the numbers off for you and see if you can locate it by part number. seems like subaru should have this seal.

#3 Subi81

Subi81

1000+ Super USER!

• Members
  • 1,006 posts
  • Ventura, Ca

Posted 03 February 2005 - 10:58 AM

I got mine from Subaru, but the local autoparts store had them too but it was going to be a wait so I went to the dealer. They had them in stock. Just remember when putting them on there is a left and right side.
I removed the diff but you might be able to do it with the diff on the car not totaly sure. Drain it take out the old seals and slip on the new ones. Now no leaky good luck!

#4 sidekickin

sidekickin

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts
  • Southwest Ohio

Posted 04 February 2005 - 01:17 AM

Thanks for the replies. I really appreciate it. Do you remember how much the seal was?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users