Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Brat & XT6 CarbonFiber Hoods

Hey Subaru freaks!

I am looking for enought people that would be willing buy a Carbon fiber Hood for an '89 XT6 or '84 Brat (these are the current years I have to work with) . For the brat I plan on making tonneau cover out of either CF or FG. The cover would be designed to keep the rear seat still operational while the cover is closed. What does everyone think about this? Prices would be based on design and materials.

Keep it real!

you're going to need an estimated price. something like this is entirely dependent on price, there is interest out there but the cost is so high that turn around would be very slow on parts like this.

for 50 dollars i think people would be beating your door down and you could sell dozens of them.

for 500 dollars i think you'd be hard pressed to sell more than 1.

i'm interested but it's entirely a function of cost whether or not i would buy one, and most likely i won't justify the high expense.

I agree. I imagine the hoods for a BRAT would probably be in the ballpark of $250 +/- and for the XT6 around $300 +/- dont quote me on that. At this point its hard to tell total final cost to me, CF fabric is expensive! A fiberglass would be a fraction of that cost and would be paintable and preprimered. As far a fabrics I have a large selection that I could get. I am not here to rip any sooby owners off! I will have a better estimate when all my measurements are complete. I will keep it as affordable as possible. I dont want the hood to cost more then the car is worth :lol: ! Let me know what you are willing to pay or if this is a decent price. Thank you

212.jpg3K, 4 x 4 Twill Weave Graphite Fabric

149.jpg6K, 5HS Weave Graphite Fabric

207.jpg3K, 2 x 2 Twill Weave Graphite Fabric

346.jpgAluminized Fiberglass

295.jpgKevlar/Carbon Hybrids: Red

294.jpgKevlar/Carbon Hybrids: Blue

293.jpgKevlar/Carbon Hybrids: Yellow

Keep it real!

Scoops are hard to make and may cost more depending on how large a scoop is. But may not be too much more. I would love to do any hoods the main thing is getting enought people that want them so I can offset my initial molding costs. If I could get an EA82 hood I wouldn't have a problem I just need something to use as a mold.

i like this idea, i might be in the market for brat parts soon, i hope. im still waitning to get the right brat.

can you do fenders?? oem style and maybe also like a 1" flare?? you might be able to sell some of those concidering how hard it is, in some places, to get the factory replacements.

you need to make an EA82 hood with intergrated scoop..thats were the demad will be
BINGO!!! That is exactly what I was thinking. Or at least make the hood with the same mounting points as the WRX hood scoop. In that way, all you have to do is buy a used WRX hood scoop, tighten the littlenuts on the underside down, and call it a day.

Most of the guys with EA82Ts want to integrate TMICs on them. This would just make them one step easier to make the modification. If you could do something like that in CF or FG, I'd definately be interested.

Patrick

I like the idea of having a hood I can just bolt my hoodscoop to instead of trying to mold it into a stock hood and blah blah blah.... It would have to sit on the hood like the hoodscoop would on a WRX where its flush with the hood line but it is just bolted on:) I think that would keep the cost down quite a bit and I would pay about 300 for a cf hood for my RX

The real demand is for Gen 1 with integrated scoop :lol:

I'd pay $300 or so for a CF hood for my whip

garner

lol yeah what about us gen 1 guys with turbos? Even though I don't have one:-p ..... with a turbo I mean!

I'd pay 300 for a cf hood with a spot to bolt a stock WRX hoodscoop to for a RX/wagon/sedan

Tell ya what I could try to make a hole in the hood to accomidate the scoop but mabe add more mounting points what would incompouse even more scoop styles. ie.. xt scoops, wrx scoops, or mabe even inverted scoops, Also mabe even one of those huge retarded mopar intakes that look like a huge nose on the top of the car. What do you think about that??? ie this goofy crap if you want it. HEHE

4874163.jpg

4871103_large.jpg

4873161.jpg

wrxhoodscoopfibergalss.JPG

9a_2.JPG

f1_2.JPG

I'm all about the WRX hood scoop or maybe even an '04 STi hood scoop. But as far as Mopar goes, they can keep their scoops for inhaling birds, small animals and children:lol: .

Shoot, I'd even be intersted in a hood that looked similar to a '99 Outback Sport hood setup or a hood scoop setup like the aftermarket WRX hoods, that have the small vent in the top front part of the hood, and the OEM WRX hood scoop in its normal location. That would be pimp!!!

I would be HIGHLY interested in getting a CF/FG hood for an XT6 as long as the price sounds decent, as I know CF is not cheap at all, but I would be just as happy with fiberglass, too. And I would be interested in provisions for a WRX or WRX Sti scoop. (most likley just a WRX scoop)

Keep us updated!

Thanks

Rick