Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Bye for Now: It's Been A Good Run

I unexpectedly sold my '93 Legacy AWD 5-spd yesterday, so I probably won't be visiting the forum much after this. But I wanted to say thanks to all of you, especially the moderators, for making this such a terrific online community!

I'm happy to say that my Suby went to a good home. That's important to me because I kept her in great shape and, even with 208,000 miles on the odometer, she has a lot more good years left.

My wife got a new car for Christmas. Since then, I've been driving her old car, a '95 Toyota Avalon and I found that I liked not shifting a manual any more (afterall, at the age of 46 I just became a grandpa, so I'm kind of an "old fart"). That means my poor old Suby wasn't getting driven much. Even so, I wasn't planning to sell her. However, it's funny how some things work out for the best...

I made a call yesterday morning to an old friend whom I worked with for years. He moved about 200 miles away last year, but I've stayed in touch with him. During our conversation, he told me that his old car just lost it's transmission on Friday and it wasn't worth fixing. He said he'd looked at some used cars, but there just wasn't anything in his price range that was any good. I offered him my car and he jumped all over it. He knows I've kept it in good shape over the years. My wife and I didn't have any plans yesterday, so we delivered it to him and he was really grateful. I'm glad the car is going to someone who will appreciate it. It's a blessing for both of us.