Ultimate Subaru Message Board

The snorkel works

stinky

Here's some shots of the wagon after it found a deep hole in a creek crossing. The engine never missed a beat. I have a welded diff and the trip kept going from dirt to bitumen so I never plugged in the 4th CV at the rear ( 3WD ) . Found it to be just as capable as a std diff. I'm pretty sure I would have gotten through no problems if I had the 4th CV in.

I have the snorkel, a diff and gearbox breather. It has 4" body lift, so the engine is fairly low in the engine bay.

IMG_2426.JPG

IMG_2431.JPG

IMG_2434.JPG

IMG_2441.JPG

IMG_2445.JPG

the wheels are 14".

The fender flares were given to me from a friend who was pretty sure they were a genuine subaru item. The were moulded to the exact right shape without any metal to hold their shape, that suggests they were at least made aftermarket specifically for the subaru.

I woulda put the rear doj in, but there was a fair bit of windy bitument along the way so I didn't wanna brake the weld and end up with only 2wd. I found the 3wd to be as good as a non-locked diff.

stick it on the back, replace the rear bar with a steal bar and weld a wheel carrier onto that... not only a great place to keep a wheel, but gives you a good strong chunk of metal to hit things with ( generally by accident ).

Also sticking it on the roof will create drag and drop your fuel economy!

yeah she's a great little wagon but like all of them constantly needs little things done to it ... new front brake discs, balljoints, various squeaky/grindy noises, etc :)