Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I've turned to the Dark Side...

I'm sure you guys aren't so bad, eh.

I've been on the Old Gen forum for a few years now, and only ever just glanced over here in this forum. Now I find myself buying a '93 AWD Impreza L Wagon, so here I am.

I know a little about the EJ series engines, but I'm pretty clueless as to most other aspects of these "new fangled" Subarus. So I expect I can pretty easily swap an early EJ22 into my car for a little more power, but what about upgrading other stuff? This is not a performance project, and I don't have much time/money, so I'm mostly just curious about what parts I should look for at junkyards that will bolt on and "improve" my car in some way. Brakes and suspension are high on the list, but I'd love to hear about any cheap upgrades I can do even if they're just cosmetic.

Welcome to the brighter-than-you-think side, where lifters are a little quieter and rust is a little less lethal :lol:

If I remember correctly, your Impreza doesn't have a rear swaybar. If you find one from a yard that fits, you can help out your car's handling immensely with just that swaybar.