Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

- - - - -

want to install legacy engine into loyale

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 MagicMan

New User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Evergreen

Posted 10 February 2005 - 04:31 PM

I have accquired a 1987 4wd 5sp wagon with a seized engine. I would like to install an early Legacy engine(EJ22???) into it. I searched through a lot of the threads for information on this but don't seem to find clearcut directions. Does anyone know where I can get good clear steps on how to do this and where might I find the needed parts (adapter, etc)? Thanks - MagicMan :-)

#2 archemitis

guy smiley

• Members
  • 3,554 posts
  • the big minnie

Posted 10 February 2005 - 04:48 PM

um... take out old engine and tranny.
install(make fit) new ej22 with tranny. get custom front axles, swap out rear diff for legacy rear diff, of apropriate gearing.

or a guy makes an adapter plate, so all you have to do is bolt your motor to your old tranny, and get to wiring.
thats the first link that comes to mind. mudrat79 is the one who makes the plates.
the search function turned up lotsa results for me.

150 hp is way better than 90 =]

#3 MagicMan

New User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Evergreen

Posted 11 February 2005 - 12:38 AM

Thanks for the info and link. I am slowly accumulating enough links and finding enough threads that maybe I am willing to consider this project. I have to contact mudrat and see how much his adapter kit is. Thanks again - Magicman

#4 ballitch

Certified Subaru Nut

• Members
  • 1,000 posts
  • Salem, OR

Posted 11 February 2005 - 03:01 AM

im doing this conversion right now, its not to hard to do as long as you follow others advice like i did/do/am doing/ yeah..........tons of DIY and figurin ahead of you......but soooooooooooo worth it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users