Ultimate Subaru Message Board

• 2 weeks later...

All the Crank Sensors from the Colorado Dealerships are about $380. I did find out that it is the smae part numver for all 90-94 Legacy's. Not sure about the Turbo. But I have one of my 90 that I can put in. I did buy the car and need to get it from New York to Wyoming. So I am going to send out a Crank Sensor and have it put in. The guy I bought the Car from said the Car wont start. He said there is not power to the Coil or something like that? I am not sure exactly what he said becasue it was over the phone and I was at work. Does anyone know if a Bad Crank Sensor would keep the Car from Starting? Thanks

Mudrat is right about them being around $25 from the dealer. I've been getting codes for my crank angle sensor and been having starting problems when cold. Replaced the crank angle sensor and camshaft sensor. Mudrat ordered them from the dealer and each sensor was around $25 each. My starting problems went away for a couple of weeks and are now coming back. We can't figure out the problem. I still get codes for the crank sensor and have starting problems. I checked the ohms on the connections to the crank sensor as well as the crank sensor and all the ohms readings fall within specs. This guy selling the 94 Legacy may be having the same problems as me and has decided to pass the problem off to someone else.

Ok, just to clarify. Crank Sensors are over $300 Dollars for the 90-94 Legacy's. The 25 Dollar Sensors people keep mentioning must be for Crank Sensors that were put on Later Model Distributorless Ignition Systems. So in a sense Mudrat is right, but if we are talking about Legacies from 90-94, I still have not found one for under $300. Dealership or otherwise. Thanks, Gabe

Ok, just to clarify. Crank Sensors are over $300 Dollars for the 90-94 Legacy's. The 25 Dollar Sensors people keep mentioning must be for Crank Sensors that were put on Later Model Distributorless Ignition Systems. So in a sense Mudrat is right, but if we are talking about Legacies from 90-94, I still have not found one for under $300. Dealership or otherwise. Thanks, Gabe

it's 236$ at 1stSubaru Parts.