Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Brat parts from other soobies?

Subbus

I am a Norwegian kid new to USMB and Soobies in general. I have just bought a '90 Brat with a number of technical issues.

This site looks good and informative and I look forward to using it in repairing/upgrading my car.

For now, I have the following Q's in this forum:

1. My right rear wheel bearing and rear right shock absorber are worn out. Is there any other model of Subaru that use the same parts? Which?

I know some people running a small junk yard and I would like to replace the whole rear hub (where the bearings are seated) if I can find a good one.

2. Can I use front or rear CV joints from any other model of Subaru on my '90 Brat?

3. Can I use front or rear brake parts (e.g. callipers, rear drums or shoes, etc.) from any other model of Subaru?

Thankful for any replies.

I am a Norwegian kid new to USMB and Soobies in general. I have just bought a '90 Brat with a number of technical issues.

This site looks good and informative and I look forward to using it in repairing/upgrading my car.

For now, I have the following Q's in this forum:

1. My right rear wheel bearing and rear right shock absorber are worn out. Is there any other model of Subaru that use the same parts? Which?

I know some people running a small junk yard and I would like to replace the whole rear hub (where the bearings are seated) if I can find a good one.

2. Can I use front or rear CV joints from any other model of Subaru on my '90 Brat?

3. Can I use front or rear brake parts (e.g. callipers, rear drums or shoes, etc.) from any other model of Subaru?

Thankful for any replies.

you can use the rear hub/trailing arms/axles from any soob that has the same front end as your Brat (80-84 wagons, sedans, coupes; 82-93 Brats; 80-89 hatchs)

some 83 and all 84s had vented front disc brakes like yours.

you can also swap in the rear disc brakes from any 85-89 Turbo soob....

you can use the rear hub/trailing arms/axles from any soob that has the same front end as your Brat (80-84 wagons, sedans, coupes; 82-93 Brats; 80-89 hatchs)

some 83 and all 84s had vented front disc brakes like yours.

you can also swap in the rear disc brakes from any 85-89 Turbo soob....

Thank you McBrat, useful to know what cars to look for.