Ultimate Subaru Message Board

mtsmiths calling mudrat, come in mudrat.

mtsmiths

The Pretty One rode in a friend's Outback last week and want's one. Not for off-roading, but because it is easier to get in and out of than her '00 Legacy. Now, I would LOVE to opblige her (even if she DID draw the line at a Baja - TOO UGLY, where her words, I believe), howsomever, the family budget isn't ready for a newer car right now.

So, this leads to the obvious, what will it take to lift her exBrighton two or three inches? I can take a couple of vacation days and come out to the shop if it will take custom work, or can we just swap out some Outback suspension parts and raise the green sea turtle?

THANX, BTW, anyone else is free to chime in too, natch (as if I could stop you, right).

Is it Auto or stick...???

Also Brightons are REAL low.....I will investigate and Let you know if the Outback struts can maybe get used in conjunction with a Lift ...:)

I'll call back in soon......

John.....OUT....... :D

Auto, and yes it it. The reason 'Berta wants to raise it is that she found it so much easier on her back getting in and out of the Outback (old injury, I think it's flared up after a couple days of hard. fast skiing). I'll call you tomorrow, John.

BTW all you NWerners, the snow at Big Mountain in Whitefish is still great, hop the Amtrak (while it's still funded), grab the snobus at the station and come ski (or board)!

I'll call you tomorrow, John.

BTW all you NWerners, the snow at Big Mountain in Whitefish is still great, hop the Amtrak (while it's still funded), grab the snobus at the station and come ski (or board)!

DRAT!, John I forgot my cell phone, will call when I get home from work. Dammitall.

BTW, fresh snow in Whitefish last night, more predicted for today and tonight ... YAY!

Is it Auto or stick...???

Also Brightons are REAL low.....I will investigate and Let you know if the Outback struts can maybe get used in conjunction with a Lift ...:)

I'll call back in soon......

John.....OUT....... :D

I'm pretty sure the OB struts will work. I think they're so low cuz they have 13s. Look into maybe using Forrester struts. . .

Isn't the brighton the same as an L, only w/o the power stuff and cruise?

I've got a '95 Legacy L sedan (stick). I did the outback strut swap (+2 inches) and switched for cooper discoverer 205x75 14s (+1 inch), for 9+ inches at the rear diff... body line is at or just above centerline on the wheel...

Mudrat will concur with the outcome of this combo ;)

Isn't the brighton the same as an L, only w/o the power stuff and cruise?

I've got a '95 Legacy L sedan (stick). I did the outback strut swap (+2 inches) and switched for cooper discoverer 205x75 14s (+1 inch), for 9+ inches at the rear diff... body line is at or just above centerline on the wheel...

Mudrat will concur with the outcome of this combo ;)

would i get the same affect on my 94 legacy gt wagon??

replacing the struts would be easier for me.

would i get the same affect on my 94 legacy gt wagon??

replacing the struts would be easier for me.

hmmm, I don't think so.. 95 is when they changed stuff (those pesky engineers)..

95 started the outback, but they got way better for 97-99 and on...

I'm sure someone else will pipe up, but i don't know that outback struts (any year) will just bolt up to a 94 :(