Ultimate Subaru Message Board

'92 Legacy Wagon w/ Air Suspension

Your best option is to replace the air suspension with a conventional strut/spring suspension.

What I'd suggest is going to a junkyard and finding a complete spring/strut & strut top for each wheel. But a set of KYB Gr2 struts, to replace the old struts, and call it done.

You can then remove the air compressor & air tank as well as all the rest of the air suspension components.

• 1 month later...
Tirerack.com has the best price on the KYB stuff. I think they're around 50-60 a strut for the GR2's.....somewhere in that ballpark.

I noticed on tireracks website the KYB's (both GR2 and the AGX) have a note- Note: Front Right fitment Does not include models with Air Suspension or the Outback.

has anyone actually replaced thier Air Suspension with these. I called Tirerack and they said these do not work to raplce Air Suspension. Does anyone know why? Thanks

It's not a direct fit because you need to replace the strut mounts and whatnot with the parts from a legacy that has the spring/strut suspension. Try the wreckers. I don't recall off-hand which parts are specifically required - check bbs.legacycentral.org

I noticed on tireracks website the KYB's (both GR2 and the AGX) have a note- Note: Front Right fitment Does not include models with Air Suspension or the Outback.

has anyone actually replaced thier Air Suspension with these. I called Tirerack and they said these do not work to raplce Air Suspension. Does anyone know why? Thanks