Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

how do you make a subaru faster?

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#26 Snowman

Snowman

Midnight Passenger

• Members
  • 3,538 posts
  • Haines

Posted 16 February 2005 - 05:28 PM

I go down hill when I want my Subaru to go faster!!! :lol:

:headbang:

For dirt cheap mods, ditch the stock muffler and remove the air intake silencer.

#27 SlipSquad

SlipSquad

New User

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • The Banks

Posted 16 February 2005 - 05:45 PM

My bf just picked one up. As in last Saturday. Already busted something...I swear him and hondas do not mix, as he has an 88 Civic hatch too and apparently he's currently gone thru timing chain #3 on it (second motor from an 89 crx si I believe, this is chain #2 for this one, did i mention he's only had the civic itself since about july/august?) not to mention 3 or 4 ignition modules and a couple coils...and when I had it I had NO problems with it lol

HONDA GODS PLEASE HELP HIM, not go thru another timing belt!

Some people just shouldn't ever ever ever.. Open the hood on a HONDA!

Atleast he's a DIY'er (not a very good one) But thats cool that he gets grimmy with his own cars. Pat em on tha back and get 'em a Beer! Sounds like you got a good BF.

#28 Reason01

Reason01

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 126 posts
  • USA

Posted 17 February 2005 - 01:48 AM

I have a 89 CRX DX 5 speed and beat the hell out of it. I have some things done to it. Cost less than parts for a Subaru thats for damn sure. All said and done, I rather drive my Legacy. Rides like a dream and it looks ten times better ;)

#29 Spazz698

Spazz698

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 145 posts
  • Seattle

Posted 18 February 2005 - 02:23 AM

HONDA GODS PLEASE HELP HIM, not go thru another timing belt!

Some people just shouldn't ever ever ever.. Open the hood on a HONDA!

Atleast he's a DIY'er (not a very good one) But thats cool that he gets grimmy with his own cars. Pat em on tha back and get 'em a Beer! Sounds like you got a good BF.

Yeah sad thing is he's a mechanic in his spare time (which hasnt been often since he keeps having to fix his own car) But when I met him a lil over a yr ago he never worked on imports, swore up and down he'd never own a honda ever again (amusing story to that one, all I remember it was his 18th b-day and he landed in jail for it lol) Then I took him street racing one night...oops. Dont think he had this problem with his last honda (he replaced an 96 prelude SI with the hatch) but then again I was there working next to him making sure he didnt forget anything too.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users