Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

need struts and shocks recommendation

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Del Gue

Del Gue

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
  • Tulsa

Posted 16 February 2005 - 12:30 PM

I bought a new pair of struts about a year and a half ago from Autozone. I don't remember the brand off hand, but they came up on the Autozone computer for an 83' GL wagon. The right strut is now shot! I can press down on the hood, causing the strut to make noise and the entire front end to go up and down fairly easy. ( Does this sound like it could be a spring problem too?)
I do not drive more than 9000 miles a year under normal city/highway driving and under normal loads.

I am wanting to buy some new struts (and rear shocks), and need some brand recommendations from everyone. I would like a brand and model that is dependable, high quality but not terribly high priced. Does anyone have any suggestions?

thanks for all the help.

#2 erik litchy

erik litchy

Leadfoot

• Members
  • 1,090 posts
  • Peoria IL

Posted 16 February 2005 - 12:43 PM

sounds like gabriels

#3 exister99

exister99

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 149 posts
  • Austin, Texas

Posted 16 February 2005 - 05:06 PM

Is the strut leaking juice?

I went with KYBs all around and have been beating the crap out of them for almost 2 years without problems. I got the struts on the Internet somewhere for about $76.

Good luck and be careful when compressing the springs!

#4 85Sub4WD

85Sub4WD

EA82 Junkie

• Members
  • 1,244 posts
  • Raleigh NC/Charlotte NC

Posted 16 February 2005 - 08:38 PM

I replaced my front struts with ones off a low-milage vehicle about 10,000 miles ago - no problems - OEM Subaru stuff is great.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users