Ultimate Subaru Message Board

My wife and I recently purchased an '02 WRX Wagon and I have been looking at several modifications that aren't too in depth as we will only be here in the U.S. for another month, then the car will go into storage for the next 4 years. I have just recently purchased a splitter that mounts underneath the hood scoop and distributes the airflow evenly over the core of the intercooler. Well I am looking for something additional to do to it other than an aftermarket uppipe, downpipe, cold-air intake, etc. Anyway, I ran across a modification called the 3/16 mod. It claims to raise boost levels to a safe level and is supposedly superior over the stock piece. Well, my question is, is it worth buying?(Only cost like $10) If anyone could give me a little insight into this, it would be much appreciated.

Thank You all in advance.

Patrick

I lucked out. When my wife and I bought the WRX Wagon, it already had the boost gauge and also the SUBARU Performance short shifter with the STi knob on it. I was just wondering if anyone else had heard of the 3/16 mod and as to what the pros and cons are to it. So if it will slightly exceed the stock settings for $10, I figure I can give it a whirl and see.