Ultimate Subaru Message Board

How to fix the front bumper? Subaru Leone 89

• 1 month later...

unfortunately you seem to have the early gen (for us) style bumper (US safety reg. changed and caused all 1987 - later models to have bigger, uglier bumpers) - I had damage to my rear one and ended up chucking it and putting on a later one (and after a severe front end collision, I had to ditch the front one too) - it is a REAL pain to even try to bend the plastic back into shape - been there - heat doesn't even help much (though I used it spareingly because I did not want to ignite anything)

However if the metal is damaged it may be manageable - unbolting the bumper is not hard - two 14 or 16 mm (can't remember) bolts on each side (4 in all) - look below the charcoal canister (if you have one) on the right side, and the battery on the left - it is relatively quick and straitfoward

just out of curiosity - do you know the Subaru letter designation for you engine? I noticed it is a 1.6 Liter in (what we refer to) an EA82 series body - is your engine overhead cam (with timing belts)? Sorry, but I find it interesting, as they were never offered over here. - I know they were offered in Europe, but that's all I know.