Ultimate Subaru Message Board

96 Legacy Wagon AWD with a 1.8 ???

Hi all,

found this on e-bay, a 1996 AWD Legacy Wagon. In the auction, it's stated more than once that it has a 1.8l engine. Is this right ?? I thought that only the 2.2l and 2.5 were available in 96.

here's the link to it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=4528312160&category=31869&sspagename=WDVW

TIA to all those that help contribute to my Subaru eduation... :burnout:

Kind of odd. I just bought a '96 Legacy L wagon off of eBay about a month ago. That seller had also listed it as a 1.8l motor. According to every bit of research I could find, the only way you could get a Legacy L wagon was with a 2.2l. Carfax said the car had a 2.2, and when I picked up the car, sure enough, it had the EJ22.

Weird seeing that twice, though...

Kind of odd. I just bought a '96 Legacy L wagon off of eBay about a month ago. That seller had also listed it as a 1.8l motor. According to every bit of research I could find, the only way you could get a Legacy L wagon was with a 2.2l. Carfax said the car had a 2.2, and when I picked up the car, sure enough, it had the EJ22.

Weird seeing that twice, though...

I wish some of these ebay sellers would pull their heads out of their butts, wipe the crap out of their eyes and LOOK at the cars they are selling. They will list it with AWD when they are FWD, Autos and the pictures show a clutch and a manual shift. Look at the car seller! A clutch usually means the car is MANUAL not auto! Look for an ABS system, they are as plain as day! A wagon is often times not confused with a sedan, duh!

There is a guy in South Bend, www.cars2you.com, who will list options not even available on the model. Why, a cheap computer program shows him the option is available. It only bothers me because the person who thinks a Legacy Brighton has ABS and premium sound will bid the car higher than it is worth. At the time the car is picked up the buyer says "wait a minute it doesn't have blah, blah blah". The seller reduces the price or the buyer gives bad feedback but it doesn't change the fact the auction is bid under false pretense.

We who buy on ebay should be more willing to leave bad feedback. I don't because the seller won't leave feedback until the buyer does and if I leave negative feedback than so will they. Ebay needs to rethink the way feedback is given, but that is something else for a different forum.

Back to the issue at hand, the 1.8 was never available on US sold Legacys.

Sorry for the rant,

Greg

Yeah, here is someone selling a 95 legacy as an Outback...why don't people look at their cars first....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=4529163645&category=31870

Well, the first year for Outbacks was 1995, but they looked just like a regular wagon. If you took the time to check out the VIN on this car, you'll see it is an Outback, but a 96 model year not a 95.