Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

- - - - -

Attn: Tin Soldier (or anybody with redrilled 6 lug rims)

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Snowman_*

Guest_Snowman_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 July 2003 - 04:45 PM

I'm currently having wheels from a chevy LUV truck redrilled to fit my soob. Here are a few questions that I have.

In redrilling the rims, how did you get the new holes lined up just right? Or can they be not quite perfect and still be OK? My fabrication guy thinks this could be problematic, though we have turned out one rim that does bolt up. We are concerned that the slight slotting of the two new holes that had to be done to line it up right has weakened it.

What size of tires are you running,and are you having any clearance problems? I think the tires that were on the rims when I grabbed them from the side of the road are 205/70R14 or something close to that.

Any other issues that you had in mounting these wheel up?

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

#2 Guest_Sweet82_*

Guest_Sweet82_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 July 2003 - 02:36 PM

Have you seen this...8o

www.subarubrat.com/6lugconv.htm

Seems as though he did a pretty good job. It sounds straight forward enough:rolleyes:

I have been thinking about doing the same...

Good luck,
Glenn
82 Hatch, soon to go off-road permantly:evil:
01 Forester, off-road ocasionally...;)

#3 Guest_Snowman_*

Guest_Snowman_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 July 2003 - 08:27 PM

I had considered that, but I may be running my snow tires on standard subaru rims, at least for a while, so I need to stick with 4-lug.

The problem may be solved for me. My fabrication guy said that any major machine shop will have a tool called a turntable which can drill two new holes perfectly. No screwing around with patterns or anything. Just perfect holes. I just have to wait about a month until I'm in anchorage to do it.

#4 Guest_uhohru_*

Guest_uhohru_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 July 2003 - 09:37 PM

Does anyone sell these 6 lug re-drilled hubs?

#5 Guest_sandhappy_*

Guest_sandhappy_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 July 2003 - 11:49 PM

Hi there I have a jig for redrilling the rims with a custome made center punch. I run 15"x10" wheels with 31" tires and I jump and beat the crap out of it. It has held up fine so far. Email me if you want detailed directions...

#6 Guest_uhohru_*

Guest_uhohru_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 July 2003 - 01:22 AM

Whats the email address?

#7 Guest_uhohru_*

Guest_uhohru_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 July 2003 - 06:44 PM

bump

#8 Guest_Snowman_*

Guest_Snowman_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 July 2003 - 07:56 PM

How about grabbing a hub off of a junked car, knocking two opposing studs out of it, bolting it up to the rim with the remaining studs, and using that as a guide for drilling?

#9 Guest_offroadsubaruguy_*

Guest_offroadsubaruguy_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 July 2003 - 08:27 PM

i was thinkingthe same thing snowman.......but im prolly gonna do the hubs instead, i feal a little safer that way.......pls it just looks cool :D :D :D

#10 Guest_sandhappy_*

Guest_sandhappy_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 July 2003 - 08:37 PM

my email is sandhappy1@aol.com

#11 Guest_calebz_*

Guest_calebz_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 July 2003 - 08:57 PM

You asked about tire size as well..

I am using 14 inch pugs.. they are straight bolt on. as far as tires, go I found that the best compromise between fender clearance and size was 185-75-14. I know that there are others running bigger tires, but I found that with no lift, anything larger, and I did try 2 larger sizes.. caused rubbing issues

#12 Guest_Tin Soldier_*

Guest_Tin Soldier_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 July 2003 - 02:44 PM

Hey, SOrry it took me so long to see this message I have been real busy. On drilling 6 luggers. It's pretty darn simple. Just go square in the middle of two holes and drill a new hole. Mine are very messy (burned them with a touch) :) I just tighten down the two good holes first real tight. Then I put the lugs on the junky holes. I would not think they would be that weak. They were made for a truck for goodness sakes. :)

Anyhow, I have jumped my suby over a bridge twice today in fact and run through all kinds of rough stuff with no problems. I recomend keeping an eye on your lugs though. Mine came loose the first day and I had to really crank them down. Haven't been loose since (3 months now).

#13 Guest_Snowman_*

Guest_Snowman_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 July 2003 - 09:25 PM

Thanks for the info. One more question: What size of tires are you running and do they rub at all offroading?

#14 Guest_Adam N.D.J._*

Guest_Adam N.D.J._*
  • Guests

Posted 26 July 2003 - 03:49 AM

I had chevy 15" rims redrilled for the 4 lug. The rims were off a K-5 blazer and had raises where the holes were to be drilled. Blanks so to speak. They've held up for 2 years now with no problems. I had a spare hub laying around and used it as a guide for drilling out the rim. Catch ya Laters.

#15 Guest_uhohru_*

Guest_uhohru_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 July 2003 - 06:07 PM

I have decided to redrill my rims...

how do i post pictures?

#16 Guest_Tin Soldier_*

Guest_Tin Soldier_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 August 2003 - 02:11 PM

I have 215/70r14 's and they rub bad with no lift
I still had to cut my front fenders after I got the lift.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users