Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

parking brake cable

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 scubasteveo45

scubasteveo45

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts
  • Corvallis

Posted 20 February 2005 - 04:12 PM

im in the middle of my axle swap, and got the old axle out, but was able to get it out because the outboard CV wasnt even atached to the rest of the axle... so it came out in two peices, maybe a little too much fun offroad :D . Anyway, I think the only thing restricting me from getting the new one in is the parking brake cable. What do I do to get this off and not throw everything out of whack, in a little detail if possible?

#2 hooziewhatsit

hooziewhatsit

I fix old cars

• Members
  • 1,333 posts
  • Klamath Falls

Posted 20 February 2005 - 05:05 PM

On the knuckle/strut, there's an arm that the e-brake cable goes through.

There should be a U type clip thingy holding the cable at that point. I used a screw driver/hammer to gently back it out, then used some pliers to finish it off. That gave me enough slack to unhook the cable from the caliper, and slide it back out the hole.

When you put it back together, it shouldn't throw anything out of wack, assuming you put the clip back in where it came out of.

let me know if that was(n't) descriptive enough.

#3 scubasteveo45

scubasteveo45

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts
  • Corvallis

Posted 20 February 2005 - 09:55 PM

that makes sense, just didnt see that clip under all the gunk collected on the contents of the wheelwell, thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users