Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

1998 subaru legacy gt engine

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 jonnyp22

jonnyp22

New User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • glenwood

Posted 20 February 2005 - 07:36 PM

hey everybody i was wonderin if anyone could help me in finding a new engine to put in my 1998 subaru legacy gt, i am lookin for nothin over 4 or 5 grand but also i prefer new over used, i have been searching for one and i have had no luck so far so i was wonderin if anytone had any suggestions for me as to where to go to look, i have a mint condition legacy gt sittin in my garage and i want to put it on the road, all i need is an engine, any suggestions?...

#2 Suzam

Suzam

1000+ Super USER!

• Members
  • 1,193 posts
  • Wilmington, Delaware

Posted 20 February 2005 - 08:11 PM

If you'd consider a quality rebuild check out http://www.ccrengines.com/ there is a member of this board who is affiliated with them. I've seen many posts about them...none negative. You'll get an engine delivered to your doorstep. Someone from the board who's dealt with them might post some feedback for you about them.

#3 Subie Gal

Subie Gal

GC84Ever

• Members
  • 1,443 posts
  • WA

Posted 20 February 2005 - 09:48 PM

i 2nd that!

http://www.ccrengines.com/

been around for a long time.
very upstanding company, good reputation.

Jamie

#4 svxpert

svxpert

Certified Subaru Nut

• Members
  • 777 posts
  • East Coast

Posted 22 February 2005 - 12:42 PM

P.M.'ed you.

hey everybody i was wonderin if anyone could help me in finding a new engine to put in my 1998 subaru legacy gt, i am lookin for nothin over 4 or 5 grand but also i prefer new over used, i have been searching for one and i have had no luck so far so i was wonderin if anytone had any suggestions for me as to where to go to look, i have a mint condition legacy gt sittin in my garage and i want to put it on the road, all i need is an engine, any suggestions?...

#5 Dspurr

Dspurr

New User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • SEATTLE

Posted 22 February 2005 - 11:33 PM

I just put a rebuilt from CCR in my 97 Legacy GT. $3100 for motor, shipping, and gasket set exchange. They pay the shipping for the core back to them. Great motor and it started on the third crank of the motor. I did the install with the help of a friend.

#6 ballitch

ballitch

Certified Subaru Nut

• Members
  • 999 posts
  • Salem, OR

Posted 23 February 2005 - 12:34 AM

CCR is pretty much the best place you can go, with a 36,000/ 3 year warranty on motor, no dealer that i know of would do that.

~Josh~

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users