Ultimate Subaru Message Board

1998 subaru legacy gt engine

hey everybody i was wonderin if anyone could help me in finding a new engine to put in my 1998 subaru legacy gt, i am lookin for nothin over 4 or 5 grand but also i prefer new over used, i have been searching for one and i have had no luck so far so i was wonderin if anytone had any suggestions for me as to where to go to look, i have a mint condition legacy gt sittin in my garage and i want to put it on the road, all i need is an engine, any suggestions?...

P.M.'ed you.

hey everybody i was wonderin if anyone could help me in finding a new engine to put in my 1998 subaru legacy gt, i am lookin for nothin over 4 or 5 grand but also i prefer new over used, i have been searching for one and i have had no luck so far so i was wonderin if anytone had any suggestions for me as to where to go to look, i have a mint condition legacy gt sittin in my garage and i want to put it on the road, all i need is an engine, any suggestions?...

I just put a rebuilt from CCR in my 97 Legacy GT. $3100 for motor, shipping, and gasket set exchange. They pay the shipping for the core back to them. Great motor and it started on the third crank of the motor. I did the install with the help of a friend.