Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Last PAP update for Everett --50% off update

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#1 edrach

edrach

RIP 6/28/14

• Members
  • 12,326 posts
  • Bothell, WA

Posted 20 February 2005 - 10:06 PM

As you know by now, the Everett yard will be closing in 9 days. Land has been sold to Wal-Mart and the Ferrill's family plan to open another PAP in Smokey Point shortly. The story is that they are planning a few days of half price on everything somewhere near the end. I decided to take a last walk and inventory anything that might interest local USMB members (I know, I have no life....not quite true, but......)

50% OFF STARTING 2/21/2005

It's accurate as far as I know but the row markers near the end don't quite match what I saw so I might be a row off by the time I get to row 10. Each row number consists of a east lane and a west lane so you shouldn't be wasting time looking for the vehicle you're seeking.

1E '91 Legacy white LS, 193K, manual 2WD
1E '88 (not sure of year) Wagon, Black, 4WD, 5 speed d/r
2W '89 Justy GL FWD
3W '85 sedan--this one really is junk
4W '87 Sedan, automatic, white
6E '90 Loyale, grey, 176K, manual
6E '84 sedan, white, automatic
6E '90 Legacy, grey, automatic, 170K
8E '85 sedan 2WD, 5 speed, 175K
8E '85 wagon, white, 5 speed d/r, 218K
8W '89 Legacy wagon, red, 5 speed
9W '88 sedan white, automatic, 167K, 2WD
11E '87 automatic, 4WD, white, 187K
11E '81 sedan black 2WD, 5 speed, 230K
11W '90 Justy, red, 2WD, no motor or gearbox, 72K
13W '88 4WD wagon, grey, no gearbox
13W '88 wagon, 2WD, automatic, white

#2 NorthWet

NorthWet

Eeyore Incarnate

• Members
  • 5,039 posts
  • Bremerton, WA

Posted 20 February 2005 - 11:31 PM

Thanks, Ed.

As hard as it might be to believe, I haven't been to any of the PAPs up here, and it has been so long since I have been in any similar JY that I have no idea of pricing. So, the stupid question...

Got a good guess as to what they charge for a 4EAT out of a Legacy? How about engine for same (I figure that this is harder, because I imagine they still charge for every little accessory/manifold/etc)?

#3 Turbone

Turbone

The Original Rob

• 12,105 posts
  • WA

Posted 21 February 2005 - 12:41 AM

Tranny/transaxle - $50.50
Engine assy - $149.50
This is for all the PAPs in our area.

#4 NorthWet

NorthWet

Eeyore Incarnate

• Members
  • 5,039 posts
  • Bremerton, WA

Posted 21 February 2005 - 01:26 AM

Engine assy - $149.50

Thanks. Sounds like it would cost me more to hire gumba to help me lift and carry the tranny than to actually buy it.

#5 edrach

edrach

RIP 6/28/14

• Members
  • 12,326 posts
  • Bothell, WA

Posted 21 February 2005 - 02:12 AM

Unless they are exceptionally busy, they have wheelbarrows available to lend so you can leave gumba home. They only ask for your car key as a deposit to insure you return the wheel barrow.

Thanks. Sounds like it would cost me more to hire gumba to help me lift and carry the tranny than to actually buy it.

#6 Dr. RX

Dr. RX

Elite Master of the Subaru

• Members
  • 9,984 posts
  • Sammamish, WA

Posted 21 February 2005 - 08:11 AM

Engine assy - $149.50

I believe that there is a special pricing in effect during the last days of the Everett PAP.

#7 edrach

edrach

RIP 6/28/14

• Members
  • 12,326 posts
  • Bothell, WA

Posted 21 February 2005 - 09:48 AM

This is correct on the tranny price; altho sometimes they try to charge another $25 for the "transfer case" on the end. It depends on who's checking you out at the register.

Engine assy - $149.50

#8 edrach

edrach

RIP 6/28/14

• Members
  • 12,326 posts
  • Bothell, WA

Posted 21 February 2005 - 09:51 AM

Call them for the dates of the "half price sale days."
425-355-7278.

I believe that there is a special pricing in effect during the last days of the Everett PAP.

#9 edrach

edrach

RIP 6/28/14

• Members
  • 12,326 posts
  • Bothell, WA

Posted 21 February 2005 - 03:49 PM

50% off starting today!

Call them for the dates of the "half price sale days."

425-355-7278.

#10 NorthWet

NorthWet

Eeyore Incarnate

• Members
  • 5,039 posts
  • Bremerton, WA

Posted 21 February 2005 - 05:04 PM

Unless they are exceptionally busy, they have wheelbarrows available to lend so you can leave gumba home. They only ask for your car key as a deposit to insure you return the wheel barrow.

Carrying it in a straight line I might manage with or without wheelbarrow/gumba, but lifting/dragging it out of the car might be harder. Might have to take the engine, too, just to make it easier!

#11 Subarutex

Subarutex

Oldschool Show Queen

• 2,530 posts
  • Mountlake Terrace

Posted 21 February 2005 - 05:38 PM

What are the hours?!

::edit:: My door lock problem has been solved. ::edit::

#12 Dr. RX

Dr. RX

• Members
  • 9,984 posts
  • Sammamish, WA

Posted 21 February 2005 - 05:41 PM

Carrying it in a straight line I might manage with or without wheelbarrow/gumba, but lifting/dragging it out of the car might be harder. Might have to take the engine, too, just to make it easier!

Hey, aren't you the guy that I helped out in Bremerton a few years ago? If so, I can understand why you would have a problem.

#13 NorthWet

NorthWet

Eeyore Incarnate

• Members
  • 5,039 posts
  • Bremerton, WA

Posted 21 February 2005 - 05:52 PM

Hey, aren't you the guy that I helped out in Bremerton a few years ago? If so, I can understand why you would have a problem.

Pretty sure that I am not. In general, I resist accepting help. ;)

I am able bodied, if feeling middle-age more than I should have let myself. Just the thought of wrangling yet another 4EAT around (did that between Laramie and Olympia just last month) fills me with dread. But... is for my wife's new Leg, so love will conquer all.

Assuming I can make it up to Everett. BTW, where is it (never been), and how best to get there from northbound I-5? I would also like to know what its hours are. Might be able to hit it Thursday.

#14 Dr. RX

Dr. RX

• Members
  • 9,984 posts
  • Sammamish, WA

Posted 21 February 2005 - 08:53 PM

I am able bodied, if feeling middle-age more than I should have let myself. Just the thought of wrangling yet another 4EAT around (did that between Laramie and Olympia just last month) fills me with dread. But... is for my wife's new Leg, so love will conquer all.

Assuming I can make it up to Everett. BTW, where is it (never been), and how best to get there from northbound I-5? I would also like to know what its hours are. Might be able to hit it Thursday.

Ok, that's great. I'm lousy with direction, just ask Zap, so I'll let Ed tell you how to get there.

#15 edrach

edrach

RIP 6/28/14

• Members
  • 12,326 posts
  • Bothell, WA

Posted 22 February 2005 - 08:13 AM

9 to 5.

What are the hours?!

::edit:: My door lock problem has been solved. ::edit::

#16 Sweet82

Sweet82

• Members
  • 3,266 posts
  • Salt Lake City

Posted 22 February 2005 - 03:28 PM

PaP In Salt Lake had any complete engine on sale this weekend $89.00

Wish I needed an engine...

#17 Dr. RX

Dr. RX

• Members
  • 9,984 posts
  • Sammamish, WA

Posted 22 February 2005 - 06:40 PM

The red 89 Legacy wagon is an AWD 5 speed tranny. All three Legacys still have the trannys in them.

A special note, on Sunday and Monday (the last two days) it will be all you can carry out for $30 buck and there will be NO WHEELBARROWS. I didn't ask if that was one trip at a time, or for the whole day.

#18 edrach

edrach

RIP 6/28/14

• Members
  • 12,326 posts
  • Bothell, WA

Posted 22 February 2005 - 08:20 PM

I-5 north to I-405N (also know as Mukilteo Expressway), exit onto 99N in about 3 miles. PAP is about 3 miles north on the west side of the highway (1/4 mile past Airport Rd. traffic light). If you're coming up, give a holler and maybe stop and rest on your way home.

#19 NorthWet

NorthWet

Eeyore Incarnate

• Members
  • 5,039 posts
  • Bremerton, WA

Posted 24 February 2005 - 05:26 PM

I-5 north to I-405N (also know as Mukilteo Expressway), exit onto 99N in about 3 miles. PAP is about 3 miles north on the west side of the highway (1/4 mile past Airport Rd. traffic light). If you're coming up, give a holler and maybe stop and rest on your way home.

Thanks for the directions.

If I'm coming up, maybe I will just give you a holler so you can come and help me pull that heavy SOG. :grin:

Anybody already look at the fluids on the Legacy 4EAT? Any recent reports as to which Legacy engines might still be worth grabbing?

Thanks again, Ed. :)

#20 Dr. RX

Dr. RX

• Members
  • 9,984 posts
  • Sammamish, WA

Posted 24 February 2005 - 09:48 PM

Thanks for the directions.

If I'm coming up, maybe I will just give you a holler so you can come and help me pull that heavy SOG. :grin:

Anybody already look at the fluids on the Legacy 4EAT? Any recent reports as to which Legacy engines might still be worth grabbing?

Thanks again, Ed. :)

I believe the one car with the auto has the least miles, but I can't remember if that was the one that had some parts missing. No, I didn't check the oil. Ed and I might be up there on Sunday, but remember there will be no wheelbarrows on Sunday and Monday.

#21 NorthWet

NorthWet

Eeyore Incarnate

• Members
  • 5,039 posts
  • Bremerton, WA

Posted 26 February 2005 - 07:08 AM

I believe the one car with the auto has the least miles, but I can't remember if that was the one that had some parts missing. No, I didn't check the oil. Ed and I might be up there on Sunday, but remember there will be no wheelbarrows on Sunday and Monday.

Hmmm... I carried a 3AT 4WD using a cam-buckle tie-down as a shoulder strap. I wonder if that would work for the 4EAT?

Oh, that's right... my shoulder looked skinned and bruised for a month afterwards. :rolleyes:

#22 NorthWet

NorthWet

Eeyore Incarnate

• Members
  • 5,039 posts
  • Bremerton, WA

Posted 26 February 2005 - 05:22 PM

Well, I got too late of a start today, so scrubbed my trip. I will try again Sunday, so maybe we will cross paths. And maybe I can draft you guys into helping me drag a tranny (and maybe engine) up to the office. Look for me hanging around the auto Leg. (You know what tom Sellick looks like? I look exactly not like him. 5'11 too-many-lbs brown-brown glasses and greying beard/moustache.)

Any idea if they will allow me to bring my own wheelbarrow and they can charge me non-all-you-can-carry prices?

#23 Dr. RX

Dr. RX

• Members
  • 9,984 posts
  • Sammamish, WA

Posted 26 February 2005 - 08:01 PM

. 5'11 too-many-lbs brown-brown glasses and greying beard/moustache.

Any idea if they will allow me to bring my own wheelbarrow and they can charge me non-all-you-can-carry prices?

That's not too far from a discription of me, except I'm 5'9" and have blond hair, everything else fits. I think Ed when to the yard today while I was up in the mountains with Jarod and the gang, but I haven't been able to get ahold of him since I got back. As for bring you own wheelbarrow, you could try, the least they could say is no.

#24 NorthWet

NorthWet

Eeyore Incarnate

• Members
  • 5,039 posts
  • Bremerton, WA

Posted 26 February 2005 - 08:42 PM

That's not too far from a discription of me, except I'm 5'9" and have blond hair, everything else fits. I think Ed when to the yard today while I was up in the mountains with Jarod and the gang, but I haven't been able to get ahold of him since I got back. As for bring you own wheelbarrow, you could try, the least they could say is no.

I really needed to go today, but a late night of work, trying to scrounge up all of my tools (seems I lost a full set of sockets/ratchets somewhere between PA and home :banghead: ), bank and gas stops, I wasn't ready to leave Bremerton until 2pm. Grrrr... bad planning bites again! Sunday morn for sure...

#25 Dr. RX

Dr. RX

• Members
  • 9,984 posts
  • Sammamish, WA

Posted 27 February 2005 - 01:08 AM

I really needed to go today, but a late night of work, trying to scrounge up all of my tools (seems I lost a full set of sockets/ratchets somewhere between PA and home :banghead: ), bank and gas stops, I wasn't ready to leave Bremerton until 2pm. Grrrr... bad planning bites again! Sunday morn for sure...

Ed said he'll be there at 9 AM sharp.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users