Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Last PAP update for Everett --50% off update

As you know by now, the Everett yard will be closing in 9 days. Land has been sold to Wal-Mart and the Ferrill's family plan to open another PAP in Smokey Point shortly. The story is that they are planning a few days of half price on everything somewhere near the end. I decided to take a last walk and inventory anything that might interest local USMB members (I know, I have no life....not quite true, but......)

50% OFF STARTING 2/21/2005

It's accurate as far as I know but the row markers near the end don't quite match what I saw so I might be a row off by the time I get to row 10. Each row number consists of a east lane and a west lane so you shouldn't be wasting time looking for the vehicle you're seeking.

1E '91 Legacy white LS, 193K, manual 2WD

1E '88 (not sure of year) Wagon, Black, 4WD, 5 speed d/r

2W '89 Justy GL FWD

3W '85 sedan--this one really is junk

4W '87 Sedan, automatic, white

6E '90 Loyale, grey, 176K, manual

6E '84 sedan, white, automatic

6E '90 Legacy, grey, automatic, 170K

8E '85 sedan 2WD, 5 speed, 175K

8E '85 wagon, white, 5 speed d/r, 218K

8W '89 Legacy wagon, red, 5 speed

9W '88 sedan white, automatic, 167K, 2WD

11E '87 automatic, 4WD, white, 187K

11E '81 sedan black 2WD, 5 speed, 230K

11W '90 Justy, red, 2WD, no motor or gearbox, 72K

13W '88 4WD wagon, grey, no gearbox

13W '88 wagon, 2WD, automatic, white

Thanks, Ed.

As hard as it might be to believe, I haven't been to any of the PAPs up here, and it has been so long since I have been in any similar JY that I have no idea of pricing. So, the stupid question...

Got a good guess as to what they charge for a 4EAT out of a Legacy? How about engine for same (I figure that this is harder, because I imagine they still charge for every little accessory/manifold/etc)?

Unless they are exceptionally busy, they have wheelbarrows available to lend so you can leave gumba home. They only ask for your car key as a deposit to insure you return the wheel barrow.

Thanks. Sounds like it would cost me more to hire gumba to help me lift and carry the tranny than to actually buy it.

This is correct on the tranny price; altho sometimes they try to charge another $25 for the "transfer case" on the end. It depends on who's checking you out at the register.

Tranny/transaxle - $50.50

Engine assy - $149.50

This is for all the PAPs in our area.

Unless they are exceptionally busy, they have wheelbarrows available to lend so you can leave gumba home. They only ask for your car key as a deposit to insure you return the wheel barrow.

Carrying it in a straight line I might manage with or without wheelbarrow/gumba, but lifting/dragging it out of the car might be harder. Might have to take the engine, too, just to make it easier!

Carrying it in a straight line I might manage with or without wheelbarrow/gumba, but lifting/dragging it out of the car might be harder. Might have to take the engine, too, just to make it easier!
Hey, aren't you the guy that I helped out in Bremerton a few years ago? If so, I can understand why you would have a problem.

Hey, aren't you the guy that I helped out in Bremerton a few years ago? If so, I can understand why you would have a problem.

Pretty sure that I am not. In general, I resist accepting help. ;)

I am able bodied, if feeling middle-age more than I should have let myself. Just the thought of wrangling yet another 4EAT around (did that between Laramie and Olympia just last month) fills me with dread. But... is for my wife's new Leg, so love will conquer all.

Assuming I can make it up to Everett. BTW, where is it (never been), and how best to get there from northbound I-5? I would also like to know what its hours are. Might be able to hit it Thursday.

I am able bodied, if feeling middle-age more than I should have let myself. Just the thought of wrangling yet another 4EAT around (did that between Laramie and Olympia just last month) fills me with dread. But... is for my wife's new Leg, so love will conquer all.

Assuming I can make it up to Everett. BTW, where is it (never been), and how best to get there from northbound I-5? I would also like to know what its hours are. Might be able to hit it Thursday.

Ok, that's great. I'm lousy with direction, just ask Zap, so I'll let Ed tell you how to get there.

The red 89 Legacy wagon is an AWD 5 speed tranny. All three Legacys still have the trannys in them.

A special note, on Sunday and Monday (the last two days) it will be all you can carry out for $30 buck and there will be NO WHEELBARROWS. I didn't ask if that was one trip at a time, or for the whole day.

I-5 north to I-405N (also know as Mukilteo Expressway), exit onto 99N in about 3 miles. PAP is about 3 miles north on the west side of the highway (1/4 mile past Airport Rd. traffic light). If you're coming up, give a holler and maybe stop and rest on your way home.

I-5 north to I-405N (also know as Mukilteo Expressway), exit onto 99N in about 3 miles. PAP is about 3 miles north on the west side of the highway (1/4 mile past Airport Rd. traffic light). If you're coming up, give a holler and maybe stop and rest on your way home.

Thanks for the directions.

If I'm coming up, maybe I will just give you a holler so you can come and help me pull that heavy SOG. :grin:

Anybody already look at the fluids on the Legacy 4EAT? Any recent reports as to which Legacy engines might still be worth grabbing?

Thanks again, Ed. :)

Thanks for the directions.

If I'm coming up, maybe I will just give you a holler so you can come and help me pull that heavy SOG. :grin:

Anybody already look at the fluids on the Legacy 4EAT? Any recent reports as to which Legacy engines might still be worth grabbing?

Thanks again, Ed. :)

I believe the one car with the auto has the least miles, but I can't remember if that was the one that had some parts missing. No, I didn't check the oil. Ed and I might be up there on Sunday, but remember there will be no wheelbarrows on Sunday and Monday.

I believe the one car with the auto has the least miles, but I can't remember if that was the one that had some parts missing. No, I didn't check the oil. Ed and I might be up there on Sunday, but remember there will be no wheelbarrows on Sunday and Monday.

Hmmm... I carried a 3AT 4WD using a cam-buckle tie-down as a shoulder strap. I wonder if that would work for the 4EAT?

Oh, that's right... my shoulder looked skinned and bruised for a month afterwards. :rolleyes:

Well, I got too late of a start today, so scrubbed my trip. I will try again Sunday, so maybe we will cross paths. And maybe I can draft you guys into helping me drag a tranny (and maybe engine) up to the office. Look for me hanging around the auto Leg. (You know what tom Sellick looks like? I look exactly not like him. 5'11 too-many-lbs brown-brown glasses and greying beard/moustache.)

Any idea if they will allow me to bring my own wheelbarrow and they can charge me non-all-you-can-carry prices?

. 5'11 too-many-lbs brown-brown glasses and greying beard/moustache.

Any idea if they will allow me to bring my own wheelbarrow and they can charge me non-all-you-can-carry prices?

That's not too far from a discription of me, except I'm 5'9" and have blond hair, everything else fits. I think Ed when to the yard today while I was up in the mountains with Jarod and the gang, but I haven't been able to get ahold of him since I got back. As for bring you own wheelbarrow, you could try, the least they could say is no.

That's not too far from a discription of me, except I'm 5'9" and have blond hair, everything else fits. I think Ed when to the yard today while I was up in the mountains with Jarod and the gang, but I haven't been able to get ahold of him since I got back. As for bring you own wheelbarrow, you could try, the least they could say is no.

I really needed to go today, but a late night of work, trying to scrounge up all of my tools (seems I lost a full set of sockets/ratchets somewhere between PA and home :banghead: ), bank and gas stops, I wasn't ready to leave Bremerton until 2pm. Grrrr... bad planning bites again! Sunday morn for sure...

I really needed to go today, but a late night of work, trying to scrounge up all of my tools (seems I lost a full set of sockets/ratchets somewhere between PA and home :banghead: ), bank and gas stops, I wasn't ready to leave Bremerton until 2pm. Grrrr... bad planning bites again! Sunday morn for sure...
Ed said he'll be there at 9 AM sharp.