Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Last PAP update for Everett --50% off update

Great day at PAP today. I snagged the entire front suspension off an '84 along with the hubs and axles. I wanted the pieces to upgrade my Brat with new bushings; the rest was just gravy and worth the $30 price. Finally got to meet northwet; anyone who can lift a 4EAT out of the wheelbarrow by himself has my ultimate respect. He was still there ogling an SPFI engine when I left him.

...Finally got to meet northwet; anyone who can lift a 4EAT out of the wheelbarrow by himself has my ultimate respect. He was still there ogling an SPFI engine when I left him.

Finally got to meet edrach. Super guy. Ed hung around after he grabbed his stuff and helped me pull an EJ22, the 4EAT, and most of the front suspension off of the Legacy. He did more than half of the wrenching, at least half of the lifting, and all of the swearing. Things came apart easier after we found the bolt that we had overlooked.

I think that Ed stayed and helped just to see if I could lift all of the cr*p that I wanted. We used a tie-down to wrap up both strut/brake assemblies, one control arm, starter, tranny xmember, and a bag of parts and bolts. We then set an EA81 radiator on top of that, I lifted the bundle, and paid the $30. Next came the 4EAT, and then the EJ22.

After Ed left, I went back to see what else I could scrounge. I decided that I should grab the intake system and accessories for the EJ22 (the one I grabbed didn't have any), got some small odds and ends for my T-wagons. I was torn between 2 SPFI engines: One was ready to lift but looked like it had been sitting for a long time, and the other looked better but was still attached to stuff. Also looked at a D/R 5-speed. In the end, just got the intake and stuff 'cuz I ran out of time.

Oh, to help my kharma, I told the people behind me in line that they could put their taillight and fender on my pile to be lifted... they had prev suggested that I just lift the wheelbarrow instead of trying to tie up all of the little stuff. They saved me a hassle, I saved them $30. (They gave me $7 bucks anyway. :) )

Thinking about playing hookey tomorrow. :brow: Might be nice to grab that EJ 5-speed, and ... and ...

I don't think that my wife will let me, since I am spending our Brat-fund money.

BIG thanks again to Ed. Sorry about not stopping by on my trip home, but I wanted to hit Fry's before it closed to see if it stocked resistors for my clock repairs; some success, I think

I closed down the Everett PAP today. Ed, if you thought the 4EAT was a feat, you should have seen me lift an SPFI with attached D/R 5 speed. Didn't lift it much, but did do so.

The "all you can carry" thing was kind of stupid, and resulted in bizarre sights (and not just of me.) Someone cut a Saturn body in two, stood each half on its cut end, and lifted them from the inside.

I'm tired, I'm sore, and I have to go to work in a couple minutes.

Northwet, glad you got you EA81 rad, didn't mean to give you a fright. I hoped I haved a chance to a spend a few with you an Ed but the work and time didn't alow it (I say DAMN RIGHT to that 2.2) I was hoping to show my EA82 rad with EA81 heads, five coils, two starters, wiper motor, two head light assems, two fans, ect... taped down. It was sweet! Got my $30 worth. Good too hear you got that engine after all of ed's cuss'in.

Pat, I really didn't think I was "cussin" all that much. But sometimes you have to "persuade" the parts to come apart. You're giving me a bad rap. By the way which SPFI did you pull, the black wagon in row 1east or the other one?

Northwet, glad you got you EA81 rad, didn't mean to give you a fright. I hoped I haved a chance to a spend a few with you an Ed but the work and time didn't alow it (I say DAMN RIGHT to that 2.2) I was hoping to show my EA82 rad with EA81 heads, five coils, two starters, wiper motor, two head light assems, two fans, ect... taped down. It was sweet! Got my $30 worth. Good too hear you got that engine after all of ed's cuss'in.

Pat, I really didn't think I was "cussin" all that much. But sometimes you have to "persuade" the parts to come apart. You're giving me a bad rap. By the way which SPFI did you pull, the black wagon in row 1east or the other one?
Boy, Ed is a saint compared to me when it comes to cussin at car parts that don't want to cooperate. The neighbors keep their kids inside when they see me working on my cars. :lol:

Maybe that's where I picked up the habit; I've got to be careful who I hang around with!:grin:

Boy, Ed is a saint compared to me when it comes to cussin at car parts that don't want to cooperate. The neighbors keep their kids inside when they see me working on my cars. :lol:

Setting the record straight: Ed did NOT, in fact, do any cussing.

This was poetic license being taken by someone who has so little sense as to manhandle an engine and tranny together in a wheelbarrow, push said wheelbarrow a couple hundred yards across a dirt yard, up a ramp, and into a building, then LIFT the engine/tranny together...

... just to save $30. :-\

Ed was a prefect gentleman. Well, nearly perfect.

And Ed was the one that got the EA81 radiator. I just lifted it with my stuff as an attempt to partially repay his help... and to see if I could do it. :grin:

The SPFI was the one near the Legacy automatic.

The Ej22 engine was the one in the 5-speed AWD near the back. I had gone back to yank the tranny (thinking encore of my earlier EA82 lift) but someone had already grabbed the tranny. But that left only the exhaust bolts and engine mount to undo, so why not?

Sleep time, so type at you later!

sheesh you all live to far away from ..me .. you guys have all the dam fun...

i suspect on one of those <all you can carry days>

i might be a tad useful... what do you think corky? hehe

I don't know, can you bench press a BRAT???