Ultimate Subaru Message Board

update: pb blaster didnt work :( Best penetrating oil for rusted screws?

those particular screws on the filler trim are a pain, even on a rust free one from TX... I ended up cutting/drilling them out....

I'd spray on the PB Blaster every day for a week, on the top side, and the bottom side after cleaning the snot out of it.....

MOUSE MILK!!!

Ya know, I think that is what it all boils down to in the end ....

I would not want to try to get that stuff - I bet milking the mouse would be harder than yanking the bolt out with your teeth :D

My suggestion would be to drill them out given their location, or get a REALLY good pair of vise-grips, cinch them down REALLY tight, and crank them out.

When you can't use heat, use force. :banana:

Get ahold of Edrach. He has some yield and I am sure he would come spray some on there for you. He probably won't give up his can though. As stated earlier, it is expensive and hard to get without a business license.

This the stuff that cardboard corragaters use to clean the stream presses and remove stubborn bolts from the equipment. It works better than anything else I have used in 28yrs of wrenching.

Come by my place and I soak it with Yield.

trying to change out my gas filler trim ring as its all rusted to he**, got new trim ring in excellent shape from yard, went to remove mine and none of the 3 screws will budge...what shall i use? wd40? pb blaster? torch? :D

thanx!

whast the full name of the Yield stuff and who makes it? I can use my business license from work to get a few cans if they sell it in Alaska..

Sounds like great stuff.

One idea, take a cold chisel and break the heads off.. take a drill, drill the holes out and just put bigger screws in it. Since its on the fuel system DO NOT HEAT WITH A TORCH (unless you like 3rd degree burns all over your body)

It works better than anything else I have used in 28yrs of wrenching.

But I thought you were only 30:confused:

That Yield stuff comes from down here in the land of steers and .. uhh stuff right?

hmm.. maybe time to bust out the business license and get busy:D

Seafoam is some good stuff we all seem to agree

they also make "Creep"

if they put theur name on it...............

I'd also get out the impact driver.

The kind you hit with a hammer.

Best idea...

Go see Ed,. he'll set you up.

My bet is he has quite a few tricks up his sleeve.