Ultimate Subaru Message Board

okay, who has modified their EA82T fuel system?

Snowman

I'm doing research on what can be done with the fuel supply system on the EA82T. Now, before we get into a discussion of megasquirt, fuel cut bypasses, etc, I'll say that I want to keep the factory engine management on my RX. Since it's getting a carbed short block, I won't be able to boost high enough on pump gas to merit such drastic changes (I'm also a cheapskate).

There was a thread a while back about fuel rails for the EA82T. That setup looked promising. How did that turn out? What other mods have been done/conceptualized?

Please let me in on your experiences with this fuel system.

I'm doing research on what can be done with the fuel supply system on the EA82T. Now, before we get into a discussion of megasquirt, fuel cut bypasses, etc, I'll say that I want to keep the factory engine management on my RX. Since it's getting a carbed short block, I won't be able to boost high enough on pump gas to merit such drastic changes (I'm also a cheapskate).

There was a thread a while back about fuel rails for the EA82T. That setup looked promising. How did that turn out? What other mods have been done/conceptualized?

Please let me in on your experiences with this fuel system.

just to point out with a standalone (what the megasquirt is) you can tune it for more power, more MPGs. and I am pretty sure that one would gain some HP on a stock engine with just the mega squirt.

you can buy one tested and ready to go for 300-400 on ebay if ya really want one.

Why do you feel the need to modify the fuel system? if you wont be upping the boost, the increased CR won't be more demanding on the fuel system than stock, it just uses more energy out of the explosions.

I'm running custom fuel system.

See pics here: http://www.subarutex.com/gallery/Fuel-System-Pics

I made the fuel rails myself. If i was to do it again, i wouldn't use NPT fittings... hard to seal, ended up epoxying mine in.

Also, I need to make my setup more equal length. I have found that most systems in the performance world are equal length.

The need to mod the system comes from the fact that the factory setup SUCKS! It's unequal length, and the 1 and 3 lines pass over the engine and not too far from the turbo so they probably get heated....

I've been talking to my professors here and we've got some interesting ideas.

Tex: I like your setup. What did all of that cost you if you don't mind me asking?

Skip: So, the injector just turns on once you reach a certain boost level, or what? This sounds VERY intriguing, not necessarily for this setup, but for future use.

I have a bit over $400 into the fuel system. That hose and fittings aren't cheap. Especially when you are in too much of a hurry to order off the net, and have to rely on one of the local hot rod shops. :banghead:

I need to make mine Equal length, it is not. I believe then, it will be the ultimate :brow:

On a side note... putting the fittings on the end of the braided line is hard as hell. I was never able to master it, I had to recruit a friend that just seemed to have the knack for it.

And, the link does work. Occasionally my hosting goes down for maintenance.

ah, now it works... i like that setup. thats a RRFPR, right? whats the black hose coming from the front of it?

That goes to the return line. Its actually out of the bottom RRFPR, but i had to mount it at a slight angle to make sure it cleared the hood.

The RRFPR is an SX one, and is just a 1:1.