Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Lifts

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
11 replies to this topic

#1 swervey87gl

swervey87gl

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts
  • Mill Creek

Posted 21 February 2005 - 09:11 PM

Does anybody buy lifts. They don't seem that hard to fabricate. But they aren't that expencive. Then for wheels do you convert to six lug rims.... what tires fit...?

#2 chef_tim

chef_tim

Romans 5:8

• Members
  • 4,780 posts
  • Renner, SD

Posted 21 February 2005 - 09:53 PM

Your from Washington, you have 31 posts and you don't know about BYB Lifts and Pugs???? Just giving you a bit of a ribbing. Drilled rims or pugs (see the rim page under 80's rus on the web page) PK Davis makes lifts for EA81s and EA82s. Find him at www.ozified.com. later and welcome aboard, Tim

#3 archemitis

archemitis

guy smiley

• Members
  • 3,554 posts
  • the big minnie

Posted 21 February 2005 - 09:53 PM

they arent too hard to make, but... then you start to build one, and then you realise... when you buy one for 400 bucks, somebody has already tried and tried to make it work, and hunted down all of the hard to find bolts, and tested the crap out of it.... the lifts pk is selling have been on subarus in australia for 10+years. some refinements have been made since then, and since they have been made here.

if you try to make one, it would most likely take you 40 hours of work(including hunting for bolts, and waiting for special orders... picking up parts)... thats about what i have into mine. total ground up research and development. its finished now, but took me about 2 weeks to weld, cut, fabricate, hammer, bang head, think... all of that. i have seen some GHETTO lifts in my months of hunting for ideas, so dont be one of those guys if you decide to build one....

i guess in short, im saying dont build one... =]

#4 archemitis

archemitis

guy smiley

• Members
  • 3,554 posts
  • the big minnie

Posted 21 February 2005 - 09:55 PM

maybe 30 hours... im bad with numbers.

#5 northguy

northguy

O.C.A.L. Life Member

• Members
  • 4,352 posts
  • Chugiak, AK

Posted 21 February 2005 - 10:14 PM

Contact P K Davis (Ozzified) or Mudrat.

#6 Zefy

Zefy

1000+ Super USER!

• Members
  • 1,171 posts
  • Coquitlam B.C. Canada

Posted 22 February 2005 - 02:38 AM

ya give mudrat79 a call... his # is in his sig... just do a search for him...

he does good work...

#7 Subarutex

Subarutex

Oldschool Show Queen

• 2,539 posts
  • Mountlake Terrace

Posted 22 February 2005 - 02:54 AM

I would recommend a BYB lift made by PK Davis of www.ozified.com.

I installed one in my wagon... the first real automotive work I ever did, went pretty smoothly.

#8 mudrat79

mudrat79

Banned

• Banned
  • 697 posts
  • Eugene,

Posted 22 February 2005 - 03:45 AM

For a Standard Lift 3"-4" Go with P.K. Davis......He makes a Good Kit.....

For anything Bigger.....6"-12" - Or Oh My Gosh.......:eek:

Contact me and We can Chat..... :slobber: :D :slobber:

John.....

#9 ezapar

ezapar

[OWB]

• 27,138 posts
  • Seattle

Posted 22 February 2005 - 12:32 PM

Does anybody buy lifts. They don't seem that hard to fabricate. But they aren't that expencive. Then for wheels do you convert to six lug rims.... what tires fit...?

All the answers to your questions are in the Off Road Forum in the FAQ sticky.

Give it a try.

#10 RisSanSubaru

RisSanSubaru

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts
  • Naselle

Posted 08 April 2006 - 05:40 PM

If you have a machine shop at your disposal and know how to weld and cut, it's not that big of a deal. My kits took about a day to design and another half day to copy. no biggie. Still, if you're just a guy with a wirefeed innershied and a 4inch angle grinder, buy the kit.

#11 NoahDL88

NoahDL88

Elite Master of Cookies

• Members
  • 4,264 posts
  • Everett, WA, USA

Posted 08 April 2006 - 05:48 PM

This thread is DOA, maybe we could let it die the death its been so sucessfully trying to accomplish.

#12 calebz

calebz

Andys Coupe killed my cat

• Administrator
  • 7,547 posts
  • Tacoma

Posted 08 April 2006 - 08:23 PM

This thread is DOA, maybe we could let it die the death its been so sucessfully trying to accomplish.

Good idea

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users