Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Lifts

they arent too hard to make, but... then you start to build one, and then you realise... when you buy one for 400 bucks, somebody has already tried and tried to make it work, and hunted down all of the hard to find bolts, and tested the crap out of it.... the lifts pk is selling have been on subarus in australia for 10+years. some refinements have been made since then, and since they have been made here.

if you try to make one, it would most likely take you 40 hours of work(including hunting for bolts, and waiting for special orders... picking up parts)... thats about what i have into mine. total ground up research and development. its finished now, but took me about 2 weeks to weld, cut, fabricate, hammer, bang head, think... all of that. i have seen some GHETTO lifts in my months of hunting for ideas, so dont be one of those guys if you decide to build one....

i guess in short, im saying dont build one... =]

Does anybody buy lifts. They don't seem that hard to fabricate. But they aren't that expencive. Then for wheels do you convert to six lug rims.... what tires fit...?

All the answers to your questions are in the Off Road Forum in the FAQ sticky.

Give it a try.

• 1 year later...
Does anybody buy lifts. They don't seem that hard to fabricate. But they aren't that expencive. Then for wheels do you convert to six lug rims.... what tires fit...?

If you have a machine shop at your disposal and know how to weld and cut, it's not that big of a deal. My kits took about a day to design and another half day to copy. no biggie. Still, if you're just a guy with a wirefeed innershied and a 4inch angle grinder, buy the kit.