Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Steering wheel time. *pics, WRX installed*

WJM

I have been informed that any given impreza/legacy steering hub adapter will work on an EA82 car. I am going to try this tomorrow.

anyone else have stuff laying around and want to give that a whirl?

I got this a day or two ago:

Stimomo.jpg

Going on the RX soon. :slobber:

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Same place it was. The center. There is a horn button there.

I couldnt get my steering wheel off...so I am giving PB blaster a chance to do its magic and maybe loosen it for me...lol...it just wont come off the splines, the nut and all is off tho.

So...hopefully in the morning it will come off and I will see about this WRX one I have fitting.

Will, put the nut back on. Only so the threads are covered. Take a couple of blows with your hands to the back side of the wheel and it should come off. If that doesn't work try a couple of light whacks with a hammer and a punch. This method requires two people though. One to pull up on the wheel and one to operate the hammer. Or, a steering wheel puller will do the trick in short order.

Good luck!

Ok, had to take the horn stuff out so it would fit, hince the stuff off the column and hanging...otherwise, fits fine. Still going to take it off and examine if there would be any other problems.

The wheel pictured is NOT mine, its Templars...im borrowing it since his WRX is down for all kinda of upgrades...its a Sparco 350MM wheel.

More to come...

This is a direct bolt on for the Ea82 cars and the fitment listed is for a newer Impreza?

Am I reading this right?

Jay

the splines are the same, but I'm guessing how the horn stuff works isn't compatible, (espec. based on Wills last post....) I'm guessing that's why the adapter would be listed for the ea82.... but the splines are what matters the most so so happy "wheeling" :)

This is a direct bolt on for the Ea82 cars and the fitment listed is for a newer Impreza?

Am I reading this right?

Jay

Once you get the horn junk off, its a direct fit. I do have some concerns about how far the hub goes on the splines (aka the nut is jsut barely on there with all of its threads...going to look at that later tonight....)

Otherwise, Im sure a horn button is not hard to rig up, and otherwise its direct fit.