Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Canadian Outbacks??

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Hocrest

Hocrest

Function becomes Fun

• Members
  • 1,344 posts
  • Cressona/Pittston

Posted 27 August 2003 - 05:23 PM

I just got back from a trip through Ontario, spending some time in Toronto and Kingston. While walking down Yonge St I saw an newer Outback.
From what I could tell, it looked like the lower panel was just painted another color rather than the plastic cladding.

Are they sold that way up there? Or was this something custom? I started looking closely at all the other OB's I saw and they all seemed to have the plastic. But, I thought this may have been a 2004???

Or was this all an illusion of my drinking vacation??:drunk:

#2 gbhrps

gbhrps

User Awaiting Email Confirmation

• Members
  • 795 posts
  • canada

Posted 27 August 2003 - 08:33 PM

Hocrest, my 97 OB and my 02 OB both had the lower plastic cladding that is painted a contrasting colour than the rest of the body. In fact any OB I've ever seen has been the same way. I've yet to see a 04 OB on the road yet to do a comparison. By the way, how was the trip? And I may still have the tires and wheels available after the middle of September. My buyer finds himself between jobs and may have to pass. I've given him until then before I look for another buyer.

#3 Hocrest

Hocrest

Function becomes Fun

• Members
  • 1,344 posts
  • Cressona/Pittston

Posted 27 August 2003 - 09:56 PM

It looked to be newer, though I didn't see the grill. Nice and Shiney!

The trip was great, took a picture with the Cup! There was a beer I was drinking, some sort of cream ale it came out of a broad grey tap handle. I forget what the barmaid called it but she said it was "local" any idea what it was. About 6 hours from home I realized I forgot your number. I didn't really get any further west than Toronto anyway.

I was also keeping an eye out for a Subaru dealer as I drove around. I was gonna stop and check out the brand new OB but I didn't happen past any.

#4 kevinsUBARU

kevinsUBARU

hi

• Members
  • 2,964 posts
  • Ulster County

Posted 27 August 2003 - 10:13 PM

I could have sworn I read somwhere that Subaru got rid of the plastic on '04 models, and it was a very hard decision for them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users