Ultimate Subaru Message Board

!!WA 9/15 meet and greet!!major update!! all read. !directions added!

Do to fire hazard and fire all trails in naches ranger district are closed to motorized use!! (thank you for telling me turbone)well this kills the trail ride being held there. but no fear new plan is being set in place. here are the options:

Evans Creek ORV Park

Elbe Hills ORV Park

Walker Valley ORV Park

Reiter Pit/Sultan Basin Area

These are the options at hand. Let no man or fire stand in my way of getting to go 4x4ing!! especially since i've been away from my car and wheeling for 2 long.

Evans Creek is down south of tacoma and so is elbe hills.

Walker and reiter areas are more up north of seattle.

either way i will be running a trail run mid week up lake isabele trail once again. last time i was up there it was winter and we started getting into snow after the log bridge. the goal is to complete the trail.

14 days and counting, are you ready??

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I just checked the fire reports. Evans is open and does have a couple of small campgrounds. There will be NO fires in the forest this summer. It would take a couple of weeks of straight rain to remedy this.

There are many trails we haven't been on at Evans that may be interesting besides I have a date with upper 311 for a little get even.

The other's would be good as well but Walker really isn't for the greenhorn or non 4 wheelers. Elbe is sort of the same as Walker. Sultan Basin has miles and miles of forest roads and I'm sure there are quite a few trails to run as well.

Let us know what you come up with.

Ken

well by a unanimous vote. i guess evans creek. upper 311 sounds like a challenge. i have to try it since i couldn't last time, do to an axle starting to fail. :( plenty of trails and most people seem to really like it there. so evans creek! since most of you are down from that area anyways.

now i'll be coming from the north early in the afternoon or morning with a convoy out of Marysville, Everett area, on friday the 12th. all interested in meeting up with us speak up or straggle on down.

everyone will have to get a forest pass on the way.

Trail marathon here we come! :headbang: what trails do you all want to do?

I would like to go hit all the harder ones first. cause i have a new digi camera with about 125 pics to take for my new web page! :banana: and a massive trail itch!! :brow::headbang::grin:

well it'll be the same length as for the naches stomp and romp run. the 12th through the 15th. i will be camping along with everyone that wants too. so yes it's a camp out not a day run! :banana: lots to explore and take care of that major itch to go wheeling!! :brow: it's a weekend thing. :drunk:

i am going to try to come camp with you guys on friday night, wheel a little on saturday, and go to the rally cross on sunday...is there much up there for a stock subaru?

I will also need directions to get there, if anyone can help me out with that.

thanks

donny tyler

I asked the dates, they are 9,10,11. Maybe I will be in town after all. Still probably not up for a 3 day camp-out though. Would like to join up for a day or 2.

You do indeed wanna see the video. When exactly will you be in town?

I still have your rim btw.

EZ

i'll be arriving the 10th, and leaving the morning of the 22nd.

my dad still hasn't called you about picking that rim up? i'll have to start harping on him harder to get that done! will you be home this week for him to pick it up sometime?

sweet i can't wait to go 4x4ing again! and to see that video. make sure you contact me when you find out how the movie will be completed, and get the final version!!

Brian this is how it can go. one i'm visiting you from NC, and then moving straight to AZ. So you'll pack your stuff the night before. i'll meet you at the high school. we will jet from there. i'll call you in sick at the skill center. then on monday i'll call you in sick. they won't call your mom that way. but you will have the 2 out of 10 days class missed towards going to court. if you are willing i will do that. tell me what you want to do.

Originally posted by todds

walker valley is closed.

according to the DNR it's open. but now has seasonal closures nov.1 to march 31 to all motorized vehicles now.

Directions:

from seattle

from tacoma

from everett

Directions from ravendale.

these directions are to wilkeson. from there keep following hwy 165. through carbinado. then you'll be going through a windy paved road and come to high bridge over a river. after this bridge within the next couple of miles the'll be a turn to the right. there will be signs that say Evan's Creek ORV this way follow that. which is still hwy 165 on mowich lake road follow this for awhile. it turns to gravel somewhere along the way. keep on this road. after a ways you'll have to your left the first little road or parking area that has a sign saying something about evan's or orvs. don't turn here. shortly after there is another left turn that has a evans creek sign. turn in here this is the staging area. now don't turn down any of the trails here. there might be a map at the information sign. now follow the logging road. at the first y take a right then the next y take another right onto a road to the camp ground.

here's a map of the park. it goes off of hwy 165 mowich lake rd. so you have the correct logging road #'s to get to the camp.

Evans Creek Map

sorry for such crude directions my other turn by turn mapping software is not with me. so please bear with me.

Hey Jared,

This is Jay. You probably don't remember me, but I went wheelin' with you and tex. It was the first time you ever met him I think, you rode along in his brown wagon with us up in reiter pit.

Anyway my girlfriend really wants to go camping, and tex mentioned this, so we'll be coming along. I bought a Subaru. Its still stock, but at least we'll fit in a little :-)