Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I bought fog lights and hooked them up directly to the low beams. due to PA state inspection regulations, the fog lights need to turn off when the high beams are active.

due to the odd wiring that i did, there's some weird stuff going on, none of which matters in this thread.

anyone have a simple diagram to hook up fog lights to a 96 legacy (correctly)?

You might find the information you want here:

http://www.danielsternlighting.com/

I bought fog lights and hooked them up directly to the low beams. due to PA state inspection regulations, the fog lights need to turn off when the high beams are active.

due to the odd wiring that i did, there's some weird stuff going on, none of which matters in this thread.

anyone have a simple diagram to hook up fog lights to a 96 legacy (correctly)?

The lights should be controlled by a relay which would normally come with the kit. The main power which actually lights the bulbs would come from the battery or fairly high load tap. The main power would go through the switch leads of the relay to the fog bulbs to ground. The control power lead would attach to one of the low beam headlight supply wires and go through the relay coil to the dashboard switch to ground. The relay and new power tap to the bulbs are necessary, as the existing low beam fuse, switch and wiring are not sized to power the two extra bulbs. If you internet search under bosch relay, you will find a lot of sites that talk about wiring them in, and show the internal arrangement, etc. If your car already has a factory hookup, and you are just adding new lamps, the factory wiring should work ok for pa.