Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Another new subie owner saying hi!

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Balr14

Balr14

New User

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • Germantown

Posted 27 February 2005 - 01:57 AM

Greetings to you all. I just purchased my first Subaru, to keep peace in the family. My wife has hated my car purchases for a long time and it has caused many arguments and general discord. I have always favored high-performance vehicles (3000GT VR4, WS6 Trans AM) and sports cars (Vette, S2000). She refused to ride in them because they ride poorly (in her opinion) and are difficult to get in and out of (we are in our 60s). The insurance rates aren't exactly pleasant, either.

But, thanks to the Forester XT, everyone is happy, now. I found a very nice black 04 model with 8000 miles at a very nice price and snapped it up. The real frosting on the cake is my insurance went down. My wife thinks it's just a nice little SUV. Of course, when we took it for a test drive I had to drive it like I just stole it, so she's none the wiser. But when I'm alone, I have a blast with it. Now, all I need is some bigger tires, a ram intake, better exhaust, bigger intercooler, another 5 lbs of boost... I wonder how I can sneak that stuff past her?

#2 subie94

subie94

Major Subaru Fan..

• Members
  • 1,583 posts
  • Epsom,N.H.

Posted 27 February 2005 - 02:31 AM

congrats on your new ride,and welcome to subie world.

maybe if you do the changes one at a time an make em seem like it's regular service work.:brow:

#3 northguy

northguy

O.C.A.L. Life Member

• Members
  • 4,352 posts
  • Chugiak, AK

Posted 27 February 2005 - 11:10 AM

Welcome to the board. Put it in one part at a time.

#4 incognito

incognito

Banned

• Banned
  • 441 posts
  • Eagle River

Posted 27 February 2005 - 11:21 AM

hey i like this guy already lol

#5 FlyB0y

FlyB0y

Apprentice to Subie Gurus

• Members
  • 855 posts
  • Marooned in Oregon City

Posted 27 February 2005 - 03:52 PM

Welcome! I don't have the problem of pleasing a wife yet hehe, but my ex-girlfriend was like that ... "don't buy this! don't do that!" ... part of the reason she's an ex :D

I'm gonna have to take my brat out and see what it can do some time soon ... soon as in when I can afford the gas :-p business is kinda slow atm ...

I second the oppinion of putting it on a part at a time and just don't let her drive :lol:

#6 subie94

subie94

Major Subaru Fan..

• Members
  • 1,583 posts
  • Epsom,N.H.

Posted 27 February 2005 - 04:53 PM

yup just say it's all part of a TUNE-up :brow:

#7 Balr14

Balr14

New User

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • Germantown

Posted 05 March 2005 - 10:51 PM

Well, my wife has driven the Forester a few times herself, now. Being a clever old gal (don't tell her I called her old), it didn't take her long to figure out this thing is pretty quick. Once she got used to the 5 speed, and figured out a decent launch technique, she was teasing other SUVs at stoplights. But, she likes it and may want her own when her lease is up on her Pathfinder.

Having an enlightened wife is not going to make it any easier to sneak hop-up parts past her. Oh, well... can't win them all.

#8 MilesFox

MilesFox

Catch this Fox!

• Members
  • 10,441 posts
  • Madison/Milwaukee, WI

Posted 06 March 2005 - 02:34 AM

sounds like you scored some points with the ol' lady. keep her happy and remind her that the back seats fold down:banana:

#9 umpireherb

umpireherb

New User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • North Windham

Posted 08 March 2005 - 12:01 PM

Hey, it took me awhile to get my wife out of her altima, but now she does not miss the nissan and loves her Forester. Try the WRX for performance!!!!!

#10 Balr14

Balr14

New User

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • Germantown

Posted 08 March 2005 - 06:04 PM

Try the WRX for performance!!!!!

Really? I was under the impression the XT was considerably quicker than a WRX.

#11 sense of nature

sense of nature

New User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • suriname

Posted 08 March 2005 - 08:06 PM

Oh what a sheltered life I lead to have missed this site for sooo long !!!!
My7 addiction started w/ a 1978 wagon , already had 140,000. on the meter
I was lucky enough to put another 75,000 on it till somebody ran a red & smashed into her
After that I was hooked !
I went to Trade school to get a degree in automotive technology , THen landed my dream job of working @ a Subaru Dealership for 5 years . After the management changed, it was no longer "fun " to work there
Now I just tend to my devotees , Hope this site is ready for me, .hahaha
by the way , how can I post somepics of my ride n stuff?
Peace to all beings .......

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users