Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Difference between ej22 mt and ej25 mt?

not much i think, they have the same bolt pattern and the same power handling ability as each other, some years are better than others i imagine, but for the most part, no change, either will work fine for the EJ20 you want, but you might want to think about getting the gears cyro'd, they freeze them for 24 hours and makes the molecules of metal tightly "squeezed" together by the cold environment, making it like 50% stronger than stock, you can do it to pretty much any car part, shocks and springs, sway bars, lower and upper A-arms and alll that stuff.

~Josh~

not much i think, they have the same bolt pattern and the same power handling ability as each other, some years are better than others i imagine, but for the most part, no change, either will work fine for the EJ20 you want, but you might want to think about getting the gears cyro'd, they freeze them for 24 hours and makes the molecules of metal tightly "squeezed" together by the cold environment, making it like 50% stronger than stock, you can do it to pretty much any car part, shocks and springs, sway bars, lower and upper A-arms and alll that stuff.

~Josh~

i have to agree with the treatment on the gears,some companys use it on their fleet vechical to help them last longer/less breakage on parts = more money saved.

~Josh~

Temperatures here being what they are during the winter, the mechanical components of my car should last for a very long time... :grin:

The big thing is that you need to get a transmission that has the same final drive ratio as the one you have or get a different rear diff that matches the ratio of the tranmission that you end up with. Some 5-speed came with 3.90 and some came with 4.11