Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Midwest 3 - Interest thread

okay, starting to kick this around.....

last year for the MudFest, we had people from:

Iowa (5 vehicles) (2 of these are now in CO, and 1 other is headed for the AirForce)

South Dakota (3 vehicles)

Missouri (1 vehicle)

Wisconsin (2 vehicles) (one is now in Boise, ID)

Indiana (1 vehicle)

Nebraska (2 vehicles)

Midwest 1 was a day trip, held in Omaha, NE right by the Missouri River at a nice park.

Midwest 2 was held in a sticky Gumbo Mud Bog in Western Iowa

Midwest 3: where should it be....?

have already had a couple of votes for "Not in a muddy cornfield" :lol:

Since we are all spread out, do we want to do the camping thing again? and hope for better weather....

Thoughts?

Was hoping to do it early again, like April-June

could do August too.

July and Sept. are totally shot for me.....

we could stay around the Des Moines area. more services, hotels, etc... :lol:

not many dirt roads though....

there's a mild (according to Jeepers) off-road place near Iowa City, which is 2 hours east of Des Moines...

Pencil me in! I'd love to make a Midwest Meet.

I'm down for camping and hoping God will bless us with good weather... you can always go get a room if it turns sour :)

• April 15th I'm at MN4WDA's anual event at Gilbert ORV park
  • July 4th I'm back at Gilbert for a Charity offroad event.
  • Aug expecting new child to be born.

Thats why I said pencil :( Might have to be erased!

there's a mild (according to Jeepers) off-road place near Iowa City, which is 2 hours east of Des Moines...

Is it a legal spot though? Private or Public land? I thought Iowa had one public ORV area... can't seem to find anything about it on the web.

legal. yeah. it's the place called 600 acres. though the ATV'ers are trying to get anything larger than ATV's shut out of it....

click here for info

That is the place I was thinking about.

Bad enough anti-access groups want us out of EVERYTHING.... now ATV groups dont want to share... what a greedy little world we live in :( We get more trials shut down in MN due to ATVs than ORVs! Every injury at Gilbert OHV park has been ATV accidents (to include one death now). Yet we are the bad guys! :(

==========

It's my understanding this would not be an offroad only event but a Subaru only event :) Should be plenty of unlifted Subarus since thats what its all about; Subarus and the ppl who drive them! :drunk:

pencil me in too! I'd really like to come, but have no idea what my schedule will be this summer (which may make it easier to do something like this...and it may not), I like the Iowa idea, although Sarah and I are thinking of roadtripping down to Chicago sometime this summer, so that direction would be fine too!

If you guys want off roading the Black Hills has some awesome stuff. Dave A. lives there and I'm sure he would look into camping, trails, etc. That would also make it open to folks in CO and MT and WY. Just a thought, Tim

If you guys want off roading the Black Hills has some awesome stuff. Dave A. lives there and I'm sure he would look into camping, trails, etc. That would also make it open to folks in CO and MT and WY. Just a thought, Tim

I'm game for that too!

It's definatly on my long range scope :)

Black Hills would be sweet.

Des Moines area would be more centralized.

We could have it in McBrat's back yard for all I care; just as long as we got Subarus and a BBQ I'm happy :drunk:

Guest Vickaroo

GUYS!!!! Dont forget to bring FEMALES!!!!! Its kind of weird for me sometimes being the only female. As nice as you guys are I like hanging out with the girls.... LOL :rolleyes: Vicky

GUYS!!!! Dont forget to bring FEMALES!!!!! Its kind of weird for me sometimes being the only female. As nice as you guys are I like hanging out with the girls.... LOL :rolleyes: Vicky

Wish I could! My wife will be far too pregnant to be sleeping in a tent and in no mood for my silly Subaru antics :lol: She's due in AUG so thats why I might not be able to make it....